Brocade ICX 7750 Network Switch Launched
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 19 — Brocade today announced an addition to the company’s campus networking family with the new Brocade ICX 7750 Switch, which delivers the simplification and automation provided by the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture. The Brocade ICX 7750 is the first high-density 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) fixed-port solution purposely designed to enable scale-out solutions for campus aggregation.
The switch enables the scale-out of campus aggregation networks, helping organizations seamlessly add network capacity in an agile, cost-efficient manner. The Brocade ICX 7750 will be shown for the first time at SuperComputing 2013 this week in Denver, Colorado.
As organizations such as research, education and government agencies feel the impact of mobile and social trends on their IT infrastructure, many are in need of a refresh for their IT networks. The primary reason for a refresh is that traditional networks are not suited for the delivery of large quantities of data, the proliferation of mobile devices and the additional layers of security required today.
Highlights of the Brocade ICX 7750:
— Agility and Performance
- Delivers unprecedented port density and scalability for a 10/40 GbE fixed-port stackable switch (available second half 2014)
- Up to 3,000 1/10 GbE ports, or 800 40 GbE ports in a single logical device
- Up to 82 terabits per second of aggregate switching capacity
- Up to 46 billion packets per second of aggregate forwarding capacity
- SDN-ready with true Hybrid Port mode support for OpenFlow 1.3
- Scale-out economics: progressively add switching capability at the core/aggregation layer when needed
- Optical stacking links for distributed aggregation/core layer across the campus, delivering switching capacity where needed
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) advantages of a fixed-port solution
- Brocade Assurance Lifetime Limited Warranty
— Automation and Resiliency
- Chassis-level resiliency, high availability and manageability
- Single point of management
- A Quad Core processor allowing for In-Service Software Updates (ISSU) within a single unit, as well as hitless failover
- Built-in resiliency, including a separate control and data stacking links for greater system reliability
- Hot-swap alert latch to help ensure data integrity when removing or inserting the high-performance 6×40 GbE module while the switch is operating
- Enterprise-grade advanced features such as Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Extended (VRRPe), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), robust IPV4/IPV6 support, Multi-Chassis Trunking (MCT), and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
— Additional Information
- Three models available:
- — 26 fixed 40 GbE and six 40 GbE slot module
- — 48 fixed 10 GbE and six fixed 40 GbE + 6×40 GbE slot
- — 48 10GBase-T and six fixed 40 GbE +6×40 GbE slot
- Will receive the same Federal certifications held by other Brocade ICX switches
Pricing and Availability
List pricing for the Brocade ICX 7750 Switch starts at $21,500 with the first customer shipment and general availability in early 2014. The Brocade ICX 7750 comes with a Brocade Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. Brocade networking solutions are available direct, through Brocade channel partners and via Brocade Network Subscription.
Brocade networking solutions help the world’s leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)