Co-HPC 2014 Issues Call for Papers
Aug. 5 — Hardware-software co-design involves the concurrent design of hardware and software components of complex computer systems, whereby application requirements influence architecture design and hardware constraints influence design of algorithms and software. Concurrent design of hardware and software has been used for the past two decades for embedded systems in automobiles, avionics, mobile devices, and other such products, to optimize for design constraints such as performance, power, and cost.
High performance computing (HPC) is facing a similar challenge as we move towards the exascale era, with the necessity of designing systems that run large-scale simulations with high performance while meeting cost and energy consumption constraints. The purpose of this workshop is to bring together researchers who are investigating the interrelationships between algorithms/applications, systems software, and hardware, and who are developing methodologies and tools for hardware-software co-design for HPC. We seek submissions that address various aspects of hardware-software co-design and that demonstrate collaboration between domain scientists, applied mathematicians, computer scientists, and hardware architects.
Topics of interest to the workshop include, but are not limited, to the following:
- methodologies for characterizing application requirements
- modeling and prediction of performance and energy consumption
- co-optimization for multiple objectives (such as performance, power, resilience)
- scalable, accurate architectural simulation
- system provisioning and configuration to match workload requirements and system constraints
- mapping of algorithms and applications to heterogeneous systems
- use of reconfigurable hardware for meeting domain-specific requirements
Submitted papers must be no more than 8 pages in length and must be in IEEE Proceedings format. Use the templates available at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html. All submissions should be to the EasyChair submissions website at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cohpc2014.
- Submission Deadline: August 22, 2014
- Author Notification: September 24, 2014
- Final Camera Ready Version Due: October 8, 2014
Source: Co-HPC 2014