Huawei Unveils Enterprise Storage for the HPC Cloud
DENVER, Nov. 19 — Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced the availability in the US of its OceanStor 18500 and OceanStor 18800 series of enterprise storage systems at Supercomputing 2013. The flagship solution of the Huawei storage line, the 18000 series delivers the multi-dimensional scalability and massive capacity needed in HPC clouds.
The Huawei strategy for HPC infrastructure is to lead the transition from HPC cluster silos, to HPC clouds, which can host a diverse set of applications and are shared by a variety of users. The Huawei portfolio of products represent a new generation of HPC infrastructure that is more flexible. Huawei storage for HPC can simultaneously scale-out, scale-up, scale deep, and scale-in.
The OceanStor 18500 and 18800 line of enterprise storage systems for the HPC Cloud deliver:
- Massive Capacity: Up to 16 controllers, 3TB of cache, 192 network ports, 3,216 HDDs or SSDs, and 65,536 LUNs.
- Linear Scalability: The Smart Matrix architecture allows storage controllers to share global cache and back-end functions across a PCIe switch network.
- HPC Application Flexibility: “4S” scalability. Scale-up, scale-out, scale-deep and scale-in simultaneously to support multiple application environments.
- 3D Data Flow: Based on fine grained access statistics, OceanStor simultaneously supports vertical, horizontal and cross system data flows.
- Security and Manageability: Smart series resource management software and the Hyper series data protection software boost system resource utilization, intelligently prioritize HPC cloud services, and ensure 24/7 availability.
“HPC cluster silos are giving way to HPC clouds,” said Jane Li, COO, Huawei Enterprise USA. “With the US launch of our high-end OceanStor 18000, HPC architects have a single enterprise storage system that can be tailored to support multiple HPC workloads.”
Earlier this year, Huawei’s OceanStor was recognized with the “Red Dot Award” in product design by renowned European design institution, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen. The Red Dot Design Award, widely acclaimed as the “Oscar” of the design industry, is one of the most prestigious design awards in the world. Huawei’s OceanStor Enterprise Storage System was the only storage product to be honored with a Red Dot Award for product design in 2013.
Huawei will be located at Booth 4018/19 at the Colorado Convention Center in the heart of downtown Denver. SC13 will be held from Nov. 17-22.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com.