Molex to Showcase Advanced Interconnect Technologies at SC13
LISLE, Ill., Nov. 11 — Molex Incorporated will present leading edge technologies for high-speed, high-density applications at the 25th annual Supercomputing 2013 (SC13) international conference, November 18-21, Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO. The Molex SC13 exhibition booth 1141 will feature the latest high performance I/O solutions, including:
- iPass+ HD Interconnect System Driving next-generation SAS data rates, port densities, low-power optical consumption and long reaches up to 100m for data center solutions, the Molex iPass+ HD interconnect system improves performance and density for high-performance computing (HPC) applications. The iPass+ HD system meets the new SAS-3 speed and density requirements (48 Gbps over four lanes) and was chosen to be the SAS-3 connector standard.
- iPass+ HD SAS 3.0 Active Optical Cables (AOC) Designed for next-generation SAS-3 data rates, long reaches up to 100m and high port density, the Molex iPass+ HD AOC significantly extends connection distances using industry-standard iPass+ HD ports. The iPass+ HD AOC will also function with SAS-2.1 (optically enabled) ports.
- iPass+ Vertical zHD Connectors Enhanced iPass+ zHD connectors are designed to meet next-generation SAS-4 data rates up through 96 Gbps (4 x 24). The soon-to-be-released iPass+ zHD connectors will be backward compatible to all current miniSAS HD cable assemblies.
“Delivering new-generation SAS-3 and next-generation SAS-4 projected data rates and port densities, low-profile iPass+ zHD vertical connectors will provide excellent signal integrity performance. Combining their small footprint on the PCB with the new short cable plugs, they will provide very efficient internal solutions for 1U and blade applications,” states Joe Dambach, product manager, Molex.
- zQSFP+ Interconnect Solution Supporting next-generation 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ interconnect solution transmits up to 25 Gbps per-serial-lane data rates with excellent signal integrity, electromagnetic interference protection and thermal cooling. The zQSFP+ SMT connector’s preferential coupling design is backward compatible with the QSFP+ form factor modules and cable plugs. System components include SMT connectors and 1-by-n EMI cages and stacked 2-by-n connectors. Molex 1-by-n EMI cages and the 2-by-n connectors are designed to accept advanced heat-sink systems that provide a high level of heat dissipation for next-generation system-power levels. The cage spring-finger design also provides optimal EMI grounding.
- zQSFP+ 100 Gbps 2km Long-Reach Silicon Photonics Active Optical Cable Pigtails Singlemode, long-reach silicon photonics AOCs will transmit up to 2km with significantly lower power consumption and cost than other long reach optical solutions. Molex AOC pigtails allow for connections to singlemode structured cabling up to 2km, and for easy upgrades when next-generation bandwidth cables are introduced. At 10e-18 BER, Molex AOCs will provide a significantly better bit error rate than other AOC offerings, thus providing a cost-effective, high-performance solution for next-generation data center architectures. Designed to support 100 Gbps Ethernet EDR InfiniBand, Molex zQSFP+ 100 Gbps AOCs will use transceivers based on silicon photonics ICs, offering vastly improved reliability and cost advantages over traditional optical modules, while supporting the rapidly growing use of the industry standard QSFP port.
- zQSFP+ EMI cages Various options in die cast and sheet metal cages address the market need for optimized EMI, higher retention to the PCB and improved thermal performance.
During SC13 exhibition hours, Molex will have on display connectors designed to support the CDFP MSA and present several live demonstrations of leading-edge technology directly applicable to the HPC ecosystem. Molex will demonstrate the Silicon Photonics based 2km reach 100 Gbps zQSFP+ AOC. Additionally, Molex will demonstrate advanced thermal solutions for stacked zQSFP+ integrated connectors for use in 100 Gbps EDR and Ethernet applications. Molex industry experts will be on hand to discuss these and other next-generation solutions, including the PCI Express standards for computer connector and cables.
“At Molex we are committed to providing optimal signal speed, design flexibility and scalability to propel next-generation system architectures,” adds Dambach. “We are pleased to showcase proven solutions for HPC and enterprise data center applications.”
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 45 manufacturing locations in 17 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/
Source: Molex Incorporated