ScaleOut Announces Availability of StateServer Version 5.1
BELLEVUE, Wash., Jan. 7 — ScaleOut Software, a leading provider of in-memory data grids (IMDGs), today announced the availability of ScaleOut StateServer Version 5.1. The latest version includes C++ APIs, additional solutions on Amazon Web Services, a Windows version of ScaleOut hServer, performance improvements in data management, and SSL support for enhanced security.
ScaleOut provides in-memory data grid (IMDG) products with breakthrough performance to the rapidly expanding in-memory computing market. ScaleOut’s products enable applications to seamlessly scale performance to handle increasing workloads and provide real-time analytics.
“With this release, C++ developers now can easily integrate ScaleOut’s IMDG into their applications to provide scalable performance, as well as parallel query and integrated real-time analytics for applications written in C++,” said Bill Bain, ScaleOut’s CEO. “The added capabilities in Version 5.1 also introduce significant enhancements to ScaleOut StateServer’s features and performance and broaden its availability in the cloud.”
ScaleOut StateServer Version 5.1 enhancements include the following:
- Open Source C++ APIs – The addition of C++ APIs enables C++ applications to take advantage of the full range of ScaleOut StateServer’s feature set. These open source APIs enable fully parallel, property-based query and make use of Google protocol buffers to simplify the management of data serialization.
- ScaleOut GeoServer and ScaleOut hServer available through Amazon Web Services – ScaleOut GeoServer, which enables the seamless combination of in-memory data grids across multiple sites into a single virtual data grid, and ScaleOut hServer, the industry-leading in-memory execution engine for Hadoop MapReduce, will now be available in the AWS Marketplace. These offerings are the latest additions to the usage-based licensing of ScaleOut’s in-memory products on AWS.
- Windows version of ScaleOut hServer – The availability of a Windows version enables users to run ScaleOut hServer to perform Java-based, in-memory Hadoop MapReduce on Windows systems.
- See a side-by-side comparison of ScaleOut hServer and Apache Hadoop – Making Hadoop Real-Time: ScaleOut hServer vs Hadoop
- For more information about ScaleOut hServer see the ScaleOut hServer product page.
- Enhancements to underlying architecture – Version 5.1 releases major enhancements to the underlying IMDG architecture, including a 5X faster transport for load-balancing data between servers and a new implementation of adaptive heart beating for greater resiliency in virtual server environments.
- SSL support
Version 5.1 also enables the optional use of SSL-based security for client connections and data replication between sites, making it easy to encrypt data moving across networks for enhanced security.
About ScaleOut Software, Inc.
ScaleOut Software (www.scaleoutsoftware.com) develops software products that provide scalable, highly available memory-based storage and analysis for fast-changing, operational data on server farms, compute grids, and public clouds. It has offices in Bellevue, Wash. and Beaverton, Ore. The company was founded by Dr. William L. Bain, whose previous company, Valence Research, developed and distributed Web load-balancing software that was acquired by Microsoft Corporation and is now called Network Load Balancing within the Windows Server operating system.
Source: ScaleOut Software, Inc.