Supermicro Reveals NVMe Servers Supporting New Intel SSD PCIe Family
TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 3 — Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing announces NVMe servers supporting the new Intel Solid-State Drive PCIe Family at Computex this week in Taipei, Taiwan. Supermicro has early qualification and optimization of Intel’s SSD PCIe family on its 1U WIO, 2U Data Center Optimized (DCO), 2U EX DP 32 DIMM, 2U TwinPro, 3U 11x PCI-E slot and 4U FatTwin SuperServers providing a range of NVMe solutions to meet the demands of the most data intensive applications for VDI, Very Large Database (VLDB) and Hyperscale Computing applications. These new solutions deliver up to 6x IOPS throughput improvement over existing SATA 6Gb/s SSDs. Many more application specific NVMe optimized platforms featuring the new Intel SSD DC P3700 Series, SSD DC P3600 Series and SSD DC P3500 Series are coming soon.
“Supermicro embraced NVMe technology at an early stage, positioning us with a strong suite of application optimized NVMe platforms that deliver extreme throughput with greater energy efficiency and reliability for performance critical markets,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “We are currently in the process of extending NVMe across an even wider range of solutions to drive economies of scale and offer this technology as a new standard feature. Our close collaboration with Intel to support the launch of their new SSD PCIe family delivers customers an extensive selection of highly optimized NVMe solutions that will radically accelerate business as well as overall ROI.”
“Intel is investing in this new generation of Solid-State storage technology to enable the next revolution in computing,” said Rob Crooke, Intel vice president and general manager of the Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. “Pairing the new Intel SSD Data Center Family for PCIe with Intel Xeon processors eliminates critical constraints on data throughput, ensuring maximized utilization of resources. With partners such as Supermicro developing a wide range of platforms optimized for our most advanced technologies, we will make a considerable impact on research, engineering, business and arts.”
Supermicro NVMe Enabled Platforms
- 1U WIO SuperServer (SYS-1027R-WC1NR, SYS-1027R-WC1NRT) — Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, 1866MHz in 16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), 10x hot-swap 2.5″ drive bays (2x NVMe PCIe SSD/SATA3, 8x 12Gb/s SAS3), dual port 1GbE (-WC1NR) dual port 10GBase-T (-WC1NRT), 700W Redundant Power Supplies
- 2U DCO SuperServer (SYS-6028R-TDWNR) — Dual processor support, up to 1TB ECC LRDIMM in 16x DIMMs, 4x 2.5″ NVMe SSDs, 8x 3.5″ hot-swap SATA3/SAS3 12Gb/s HDDs, dual port GbE, Redundant Platinum Level Power Supplies
- 2U EX DP 32 DIMM SuperServer (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT, SYS-2028UT-BC1NRT) — Dual Intel Xeon processor E7-8800/4800/2800 v2 (15-core), up to 2TB ECC DDR3, 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8) MicroLP slot, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5″ SATA HDD bays (-BTNRT) 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x Hot-swap 2.5″ SAS3 12Gb/s (-BC1NRT), dual port 10GBase-T, 1280W Redundant Platinum Level Digital (95%+) Power Supplies
2U TwinPro (2x nodes) SuperServer
- 3.5″ HDD/SSD bays (4x NVMe + 2x SAS3 or 6x SAS3) (X10 — SYS-6028TP-DNCR/-DNCTR/-DNCFR)
- 2.5″ HDD/SSD bays (4x NVMe + 8x SAS3) (X10 — SYS-2028TP-DNCR/-DNCTR/-DNCFR)
- 3.5″ HDD/SSD bays (4x NVMe + 2x SAS3 or 6x SAS3) (X9 — SYS-6027PR-DNCR/-DNCTR/-DNCFR)
- 2.5″ HDD/SSD bays (4x NVMe + 8x SAS3) (X9 — SYS-2027PR-DNCR/-DNCTR/-DNCFR)
- 3U 11x PCI-E slot SuperServer (SYS-6037R-TXRF) — Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz in 16x DIMMs, 10x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), 1x PCI-E 2.0 (x4 in x8), dual port Gigabit Ethernet, 8x hot-swap 3.5″ HDD Bays, 980W Redundant Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin SuperServer (SYS-F627R2-FT+/-FTPT+/F72+/F72PT+) — Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz in16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), 1x PCI-E 2.0 (x4) in LP slots, 6x hot-swap 2.5″ SATA HDDs, Front I/O 2x GbE, 2x USB 2.0, 1x VGA connector, 1280W Redundant Platinum Level (95%) Power Supplies
Visit Supermicro at Computex in Taipei, Taiwan June 3(rd) through the 7(th) at the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), Nangang Exhibition Hall, 4(th) Floor, Booth #M0110.
For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro, the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Source: Super Micro Computer, Inc.