Supermicro to Showcase Server and Storage Solutions at NAB
LAS VEGAS, Nev., April 7 – Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing brings its latest extreme computing and storage solutions to the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show this week in Las Vegas, Nevada. In the spotlight will be Supermicro’s latest Visual Computing Appliance, the NVIDIA Iray VCA, an 4U 8x GPU SuperServer (SYS-4027GR-TR) that delivers unprecedented rendering speed and performance using eight of NVIDIA’s most powerful GPUs for extremely interactive photo-realistic pre-visualization of computer models and final frame rendering of the highest fidelity. For large memory-intensive editing projects, Supermicro’s new multi-processor (MP) 4U 4-Way SuperServer (SYS-4048B-TRFT) takes full advantage of quad Intel Xeon E7-8800/4800 v2 (155 watt TDP) processors and supports up to 6TB in 96x DIMM slots, up to 48x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSDs, 12Gb/s SAS3, 11x PCI-E 3.0 slots and dual 10GBase-T ports for unleashed productivity.
4U 12x GPU FatTwin and 7U SuperBlade 30x GPU platforms offer maximum compute performance for high density, highly scalable render farm clusters and applications. In addition, the new 2U Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) SuperStorage server (SSG-2027B-CIB020H) offers 20TB raw storage capacity in 24x hot-swap 2.5″ SAS1/SAS2 drive bays populated with 4x SSDs and 20x 1TB nearline SAS HDDs. This solution is Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard certification for easy deployment and can cascade up to four Supermicro JBODs (16x 3.5″ hot-swap bays) to support over 400TB of performance tiered high availability storage for the most demanding, mission critical media production applications. For extreme storage requirements Supermicro will also exhibit its ultra high density/capacity 4U 90x hot-swap 3.5″ HDD/SSD bay (SC847DE26-R2K02JBOD) Double-Sided Storage JBOD solution. With the explosive demand for HD and UHD 4K/8K digital media rising Supermicro has the widest range of complete server and storage solutions optimized for end to end acquisition, production and global distribution applications.
“Supermicro is the leading source for complete server and storage solutions optimized to meet critical infrastructure needs across the broadcast and entertainment media ecosystem,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our extreme performance systems are unrivaled in the industry featuring up to 12x GPUs in the 2 node 4U FatTwin and full range of 1U rack mount to 7U Blade form factors for ultra high definition media, CG and VFX production. Our high capacity, wide bandwidth storage solutions are always first to market with the most advanced performance and data protection technologies available such as 12Gb/s SAS3, NVMe and CiB fail-safe redundancy for maximum workflow productivity. As compute and storage needs rapidly increase in the media broadcast industry, Supermicro has the latest most cost effective solutions ready to scale on demand.”
Server and Storage Solution Highlights at NAB 2014:
- 4U 8x GPU SuperServer (SYS-4027GR-TR) – Platform behind the NVIDIA Iray Visual Computing Appliance (VCA). Supports dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors, up to 1.5TB in 24x DIMMs and up to 48x 2.5″ hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 HDD/SSD bays
- 4U FatTwin
- (F647G2-F73PT+) – 2x hot-plug nodes supporting 12x GPUs (6x per node) dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP) per node and supports 8x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSD bays
- (SYS-F627G3-FT+) – 4x hot-plug nodes supporting 12x GPUs (3x per node), dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP) per node. Available with front I/O and supports 2x 3.5″ or 6x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSD bays
- SuperBlade Solutions – The all-in-one 7U SuperBlade features redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies, high speed connectivity through network switch modules, including 56Gb/s FDR IB (SBM-IBS-F3616M), FC/FCoE (SBM-XEM-F8X4SM), 10GbE (SBM-XEM-X10SM) and 1/10GbE (SBM-GEM-X3S+) and centralized remote management software.
- 3x GPU SuperBlade (SBI-7127RG3) – Supports 3x NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPUs in the SXM form factor, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade enclosure scales to best density (180x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (256 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack.
- 2x GPU SuperBlade (SBI-7127RG-E) – Supports 2x GPUs, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade enclosure offers high density (120x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (178 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack.
- 4U 4-Way SuperServer (SYS-4048B-TRFT) – Quad Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 v2 / 4800 v2 family (up to 15 Cores and 155W), up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs and LRDIMMs in 96x DIMM sockets, 24x 2.5″ hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD or SSD (selected RAID/HBA cards) 48x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSD optional
- 4U Double-Sided Storage JBOD Solution (SC847DE26-R2K02JBOD) – Extreme storage with ultra high density/capacity 90x 3.5″ HDD/SSD bays in 45x (24 front + 21 rear) hot-swap drive bays (2x HDD or SSD per bay)
- 2U Cluster-in-a-Box Storage Server (SSG-2027B-CIB020H) – Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard certified, dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2403 (1.8GHz), 20TB (SSG-2027B) raw storage capacity in 24x hot-swap 2.5″ SAS1/SAS2 drive bays populated with 4x SSDs and 20x 1TB nearline SAS HDDs, 3x PCI-E 3.0 slots per node (can be used for host or storage expansion)
- 2U SuperStorage Server (SSG-2027R-AR24NV) – Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors, NV-DIMM support up to 512GB in 16x DIMMs, 24x 2.5″ hot-swap 12Gb/s SAS3 or SATA3 HDD/SSD bays with direct attached backplane (12Gbps per bay)
- 1U GRID VDI SuperServer (SYS-1027GR-TR2) – NVIDIA GRID VDI solution, 3x GPUs, dual Intel Xeon E5-2680 v2 processors, 16GB DDR3-1866, 2x Intel 520 2.5″ 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC SSD
- 1U HPC SuperServer (SYS-1027GR-TQFT) – High Performance Computing (HPC) solution, 4x GPUs, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors (up to 115W TDP), up to 512GB memory and 4x hot-swap 2.5″ SATA3 HDD bays
- 3U GPU SuperServer (SYS-6037R-72RFT+) –2x GPUs, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors (up to 135W TDP), up to 1.5TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5″ SAS2 HDD/SSD bays
- 4U/Tower SuperWorkstation (SYS-7047GR-TRF / -TPRF) – Ultimate performance (NVIDIA Maximus Technology Certified) supporting up to 5x GPUs, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors, up to 1TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5″ HDD bays – Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Demo
- 4U/Tower Hyper-Speed SuperServer (SYS-7047AX-TRF) – Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors (up to 150W TDP), up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs and 8x hot-swap 3.5″ SATA HDD/SSD bays – CINEBENCH benchmark demo
- High Bandwidth 10-Gigabit Ethernet Top-of-Rack Switches: Cost-effective 24-port SSE-X24S, 48-port SSE-X3348T/TR 10GBASE-T switch. Versatile 52-port SSE-G2252P with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability.
Supermicro’s latest extreme-performance, high capacity server and storage innovations are exhibited in Booth SL14509 at NAB Show in the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 7-10. For information on Supermicro’s complete line of high performance computing solutions visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro, the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Source: Super Micro Computer, Inc.