Tabor Communications and nGage Events Announce EnterpriseHPC’14 Summit
CARLSBAD, Calif., June 18 — Tabor Communications Inc. (TCI), and nGage Events today announced the EnterpriseHPC’14 Summit (www.EnterpriseHPC.com) which will be held September 7-9, 2014 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, CA in North San Diego County.
EnterpriseHPC’14 is the world’s FIRST live event dedicated to exploring the convergence of high performance computing (HPC) into commercial settings to help solve contemporary large-scale business challenges.
Produced by TCI’s online news outlets, EnterpriseTech (www.enterprisetech.com) and HPCwire (www.HPCwire.com), dedicated to covering cutting-edge computing technologies and what drives them, in partnership with nGage Events, the leader in hosted model events, the EnterpriseHPC’14 summit will provide a uniquely immersive experience for enterprise IT leaders in industries ranging from financial services, retail, healthcare, oil & gas, manufacturing, and more who are in the process of building next generation scalable systems (and the applications that span them).
Co-chaired by EnterpriseTech Managing Editor, Timothy Prickett Morgan, and HPCwire Managing Editor and Editorial Director for Tabor Communications, Nicole Hemsoth, EnterpriseHPC’14 agenda will explore the trends and challenges of HPC being democratized into the commercial environment.
“Commercial information technology today is undergoing a period of change that is perhaps as dramatic as the creation of mainframes five decades ago, and the commercialization of the Internet two decades ago,” said Timothy Prickett Morgan. “The EnterpriseHPC’14 summit agenda will be dedicated to providing executives a comprehensive examination of the systems challenges that commercial organizations are facing as they navigate the next frontier in enterprise computing.”
“Trends such as big data and resource intensive applications are driving the build-out of massive infrastructures, requiring technology decision-makers to have a solid foundation in the across the board nuances that large-scale computing entails,” said Nicole Hemsoth. “Some of these resources are trickling down from the long-established supercomputing realm – while others are bubbling up from the hyperscale Web application operators. EnterpriseHPC’14 will examine the intersection of these worlds as they converge in modern commercial IT environments where businesses are borrowing from these sectors, as well as testing out ideas of their own as they roll their own systems to tackle the job.”
Key Topics at EnterpriseHPC’14 will include:
- Systems & Architectures – Stack-level examination of operating systems, middleware, switching infrastructure & tools intended to be used at scale
- Optimizing Large-scale Applications – Tailoring systems to the applications that are driving them; Increasing compute density while driving energy efficiency
- Software for Extreme Scale Infrastructure – Exploring trends in systems software aimed at developing and running applications in extreme scale environments
- Big Data & Analytics – Addressing the challenges that the growing data tide presents in context with extreme scale systems
- Cloud Computing & Extreme Scale – Investigating the role and influence of cloud computing in commercial HPC and the solutions that they may (and may not) present
- The Human Element – Probing the issues surrounding the human factor in extreme-scale systems (as big a challenge in extreme-scale computing as any technical detail)
- System Efficiency – Controlling costs through energy efficiency – keeping the large scale datacenter from eating up your company profits
EnterpriseHPC’14 Summit which will be held September 7-9, 2014 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, CA in North San Diego County. For more information visit http://www.enterpriseHPC.com.
Source: Tabor Communications, Inc.