May 3, 2017 — Here are the twelve teams that will take part in the three-day student cluster competition, from June 19-21, 2017, during the 32nd annual ISC High Performance 2017 conference and exhibition, in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC)
- Nanyang Technological University
- EPCC at University of Edinburgh
- Combined team of National University of Defense Technology (NUDT) and University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg
- University of Hamburg
- Universitat Politècnica De Catalunya Barcelona Tech (UPC)
- Combined team of Purdue University and Northeastern University
- Boston Green Team – Combined team of Boston University, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of Massachusetts – Boston (UMass Boston)
- Beihang University
- Tsinghua University
Supporting the global demand for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) talent, the sixth annual competition introduces university teams, comprised of six students and up to two advisors each. In addition to applying the knowledge gained through their education, SCC participants learn valuable new skills, including developing basic proposals, obtaining required sponsorships, securing industry partnerships, and designing a platform to run benchmarks and applications within a limited power budget. The competition also nurtures a healthy competitive spirit, develops comradery, and establishes early professional relationships and even lifelong friendships that might have never occurred otherwise. All of these experiences have become as much a benefit of the SCC as the hands-on live-learning experience itself.
Find more information, visit www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com.
Source: ISC High Performance/HPC Advisory Council