Oct. 2, 2018 — The registrations for the ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware 2018 Conference are now open.
Early registration deadline: October 31st, 2018
The annual ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware conference is a major forum for the discussion of innovations and recent scientific advances of middleware systems with a focus on the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of distributed systems, platforms and architectures for computing, storage, and communication. Highlights of the conference will include a high quality single-track technical program, invited speakers, an industrial track, panel discussions involving academic and industry leaders, poster and demonstration presentations, a doctoral symposium, tutorials and workshops.
- High-quality single-track technical program (the list of accepted papers is available at http://2018.middleware-conference.org/index.php/accepted-papers/)
- Industry track
- Keynotes by Anne-Marie Kermarrec et Emin Gün Sirer
- Best paper award presentation
- Test-ot-Time award presentation
- High-quality tutorials and workshops
- Posters and demos sessions
- A doctoral symposium that gives PhD students an opportunity to present and discuss their research with their peers and receive valuable feedback from senior researchers and experts from both industry and academia
- Student travel grants
The 2018 ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware conference will be held at the IRISA/Inria lab in Rennes, France. Rennes is the historical capital of Brittany. It is located about 350km west of Paris and 110km north of Nantes. The city is only one hour from the seaside and its impressive attractions :
- Le Mont Saint-Michel, an iconic abbey built in the heart of an immense bay invaded by the highest tides in Europe
- Saint-Malo a famous walled corsair city
- Cancale a port city known for its oysters.
Source: ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware 2018 Conference