NEW ORLEANS, La., Nov. 18 — Adaptive Computing, the company that powers many of the world’s largest private/hybrid cloud and technical computing environments with its Moab optimization and scheduling software, today launched the beta release of Moab HPC Suite – Enterprise Edition 8.1 (Moab 8.1) at the SC14 conference in New Orleans.
Adaptive Computing is providing sneak peek demos of Moab 8.1, Viewpoint admin portal, elastic computing functionality and advancements in performance and scale in booth No. 1539 at SC14, which takes place from November 16-21 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Adaptive Computing customers will also be speaking about their experiences using Moab inside the booth’s theater. Visit www.adaptivecomputing.com/sc14_theater for a complete schedule of presentations.
Key updates include a revamped Web-based user interface with bolstered reporting and tracking capabilities that give greater insight into the job states, workloads and nodes of a HPC system; massive performance gains and improvements in scale; and system improvements to achieve elastic computing to expand to other resources as workloads demand.
“In a competitive computing landscape where enterprises need to accelerate insights, Moab matters,” said Rob Clyde, CEO of Adaptive Computing. “Automating workload workflows is imperative to shorten the timeline to discovery, and this latest version of Moab represents a huge step forward in helping enterprises achieve that. We are excited to reveal our latest innovations and continue driving competitive advantage for our customers.”
Moab HPC Suite – Enterprise Edition accelerates insights by unifying data center resources, optimizing the analysis process and guaranteeing services to the business. Through increased productivity, automated workload uptime, and consistent SLAs, Moab 8.1, for HPC systems and HPC cloud, continually meet enterprise priorities.
Key updates to Moab 8.1 include the following:
Unify data center resources
Moab 8.1 introduces elastic computing capabilities for HPC administrators. Admins can now manage resource expansion by bursting to private/public clouds and other data center resources utilizing OpenStack or other standard platforms. It helps admins better manage the provisioning and performance challenges of bursty workloads.
Performance Gains in Speed and Scalability
Optimize the analysis process
Progress from Adaptive Computing’s Ascent team has dramatically increased TORQUE and Moab throughput and scalability across the board. This optimized analysis process is made possible by:
- Tighter Cooperation between Moab and TORQUE – Harmonizes these key structures to reduce overhead and improve communication between the HPC scheduler and the resource manager(s).
- More Parallelization – Increases the decoupling of Moab and TORQUE’s network communication so that Moab is less dependent on TORQUE’S responsiveness. This delivers 2x speed improvements and shortens the duration of the average scheduling iteration in half.
- Accounting Improvements – Allows toggling between multiple modes of accounting with varying levels of enforcement to provide greater flexibility beyond strict allocation options. In addition, new up-to-date accounting balances provide real-time insights into usage tracking.
Admin Portal Enhancements
Guarantee services to the business
Moab Viewpoint guarantees services to the business by allowing admins to simplify administrative reporting, workload status tracking, and job resource viewing. Moab Viewpoint Portal ensures SLAs are met by allowing HPC administrators to maximize uptime and prove services were delivered and resources were allocated fairly.
- Administrative Reporting – Admins can now gauge overall system performance more easily with a dashboard that provides summaries of workload and nodes, as well as dedicated system resources.
- Workload Status Tracking – Admins can obtain a more holistic view of system workloads through improved search and filtering capabilities, as well as dedicated pages for individual jobs that make it easy to troubleshoot and respond to user issues.
- Node Usage Tracking – Admins can monitor workload and resource utilization easier than ever before through a resource job timeline. In addition, greater visibility into nodes through improved search and filtering capabilities and individual node pages help admins maximize system performance.
About Adaptive Computing
Adaptive Computing powers many of the world’s largest private/hybrid cloud and technical computing environments with its award-winning Moab optimization and scheduling software. Moab enables large enterprises in oil and gas, financial, manufacturing, and research as well as academic and government to perform simulations and analyze Big Data faster, more accurately and most cost effectively with its Technical Computing, Cloud and Big Data solutions for Big Workflow applications. Moab gives users a competitive advantage, inspiring them to develop cancer-curing treatments, discover the origins of the universe, lower energy prices, manufacture better products, improve the economic landscape and pursue game-changing endeavors.
Source: Adaptive Computing