Feb. 2, 2023 — CERN today announced the opening of applications for the 12th Thematic CERN School of Computing (tCSC 2023).
tCSC 2023 will take place on June 11-17, 2023 in Croatia. The program will focus on the theme of Scientific Software for Heterogeneous Architectures, covering areas such as computer architectures, parallel and optimized software, and heterogeneous programming (CPU, GPU, HPC etc.).
This school is organized by CERN in collaboration with the University of Split. The school will take place in Split, Croatia, and be hosted at the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences (MedILS) Conference Centre. The Centre is a historical renovated building situated in a wooded and landscaped park located on the Adriatic Sea coast, a few kilometers from the center of Split.
Technologies and Platforms
- Introduction to efficient computing
- Hardware evolution and heterogeneity
- Data-oriented design
- Summary and future technologies overview
Parallel and Optimized Scientific Software
- Writing parallel software
- Modern programming languages for HEP
- Optimizing existing large codebase
- Practical vectorization
Programming for Heterogeneous Architectures
- Scientific computing on heterogeneous architectures
- Programming for GPUs
- Performant programming for GPUs
- Design patterns and best practices
- Preparing for the HL-LHC computational challenge
- Student presentations session
The School is aimed at postgraduate (i.e. minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent) students, engineers and scientists with a few years’ experience in particle physics, in computing, or in related fields. CERN welcomes applications from all countries and nationalities.
Applications are open until Monday, March 13, 2023. For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1244566.