June 17, 2020 — The 24th HPC Connection Workshop Digital (HPCC) will be held online on June 22, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. online. It is one of the top academic exchanges during the ISC20 Digital Conference. Echoing the ISC20 theme “Shaping tomorrow,” the HPCC has invited world renown experts and scholars from the US, Germany, Japan, and China to present the latest achievements and challenges on AI & Exascale ready technologies & applications. They will discuss how world-leading supercomputers, like Fugaku, Sunway TaihuLight and π, have become indispensable for the fundamental research on vital issues facing humans, like the fight against COVID-19, climate change, and space exploration. Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Satoshi Matsuoka from RIKEN Center for Computational Science will be presenting on Fugaku, the first ‘Exascale’ supercomputer, that is likely to top the Top500 List. Dr. Matsuoka will discuss the Fugaku design for the convergence of HPC and Big Data/AI, which are already in use in the fight against COVID-19.
- Dr. Haohuan Fu, Gordon Bell Prize winner, Vice Director of National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi will go into details about the extreme scale simulation and scientific data analysis on the 10-million-core Sunway TaihuLight.
- Dr. Eliu Huerta from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will share the most recent breakthroughs at the interface of AI and extreme scale computing, to address computational grand challenges in big-data physics and astronomy experiments.
- Dr. James Lin from Shanghai JiaoTong University will discuss the building and operation of π Supercomputer. The π2.0 Supercomputer has recently achieved the world’s largest simulation of a cosmic explosion.
- Dr. Michael Bussmann, Founding Manager of Center for Advanced Systems Understanding (CASUS), will elaborate about the new tools needed for the future of HPC as discovery machines.
- Dr. Eden Figueroa from Stony Brook University will show the progress towards building a quantum network capable of distributing entanglement over long distances as the foundation for the Quantum Internet.
The 24th HPC Connection Workshop Digital Agenda
- Keynote: Fugaku, the first ‘Exascale’ supercomputer
Director, RIKEN Center for Computational Science (R-CCS)
- Extreme scale simulation and scientific data analysis on
Deputy Director, National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi, China
Professor, Tsinghua University
- AI and extreme scale computing in big-data research
Director, Center for Artificial Intelligence Innovation at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- π Model: Toward Building a World-class University Supercomputing Center in China
Co-founder and vice director, High Performance Computing (HPC) Center at
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Supercomputers as discovery machines:
Why HPC must rethink its toolbox
Founding Manager at CASUS – Center for Advanced Systems Understanding – Germany
- Acceleration of CAE application in automobile industry
Principal HPC Application Engineer, Inspur
- Towards the Quantum Internet:
Building an entanglement-sharing quantum network
Professor of Stony Brook University
To register, click here.
About HPC Connection Workshop
The HPC Connection Workshop is an international High Performance Computing event organized by the Asia Supercomputer Community and Inspur Group. This event takes place three times a year: during ASC in China, ISC in Germany, and SC in the USA. Top researchers and leading professionals from around the world gather at the workshops to discuss the latest developments and disruptive technologies in AI and supercomputing.
Source: HPC Connection Workshop