NEEDHAM, Mass., June 15, 2017 — Bio-IT World today opened the call for entries for the 2018 Bio-IT World Best Practices Awards. Bio-IT World has held the Best Practices awards since 2003, highlighting outstanding examples of technology innovation in the life sciences, from basic R&D to translational medicine. We particularly encourage vendors to nominate entries from valued academic and/or industry partners.
The Criteria for Entry Includes:
Send us a brief overview of your technology, including a statement of the issue or problem at hand, the innovative approach or technology applied, and the ROI (Return on Investment) in terms of scientific insights, cost savings, productivity, etc.
Entries will be accepted until March 2, 2018.
All entries will be judged by an expert panel in February/March 2018.
Winners will be announced in a plenary session at Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, May 15-17, 2018 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
All winners will be featured in follow-up profiles in Bio-IT World.
Past Winners Included:
2017 Best Practices Award Winners:
- Clinical IT & Precision Medicine: Maccabi Healthcare System nominated by Medial EarlySign
- Informatics: Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine nominated by Edico Genome
- Knowledge Management: Allotrope Foundation
- IT infrastructure/HPC: Earlham Institute
- Judges’ Choice: Biomedical Imaging Research Services Section (BIRSS) nominated by SRA International
- Editor’s Choice: Alexion Pharmaceuticals nominated by EPAM Systems
- Honorable Mention: Fermenta – B.
2016 Best Practices Award Winners:
- Clinical IT & Precision Medicine: Amgen
- Informatics: FDA & DNAnexus
- Knowledge Management: AstraZeneca
- Judges Prize: Human Longevity
- Editors’ Choice Award: XOMA
2015 Best Practices Award Winners:
- Informatics: Biogen
- IT Infrastructure: University of California, Santa Cruz
- Knowledge Management: European Lead Factory
- Research & Drug Discovery: UCB BioPharma
- Clinical & Health IT: GlaxoSmithKline
- Judges’ Prize: Michael J. Fox Foundation
- Editors’ Choice Award: National Institutes of Health Undiagnosed Diseases Program
2014 Best Practices Award Winners:
- Clinical & Health IT: AstraZeneca and Tessella
- IT Infrastructure & HPC: Baylor College of Medicine
- Research & Drug Discovery: U-BIOPRED
- Informatics: The Pistoia Alliance
- Knowledge Management: Genentech
- Editors’ Prize: The Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Judges’ Prize: UK National Health Service
For more information on submitting your Bio-IT World Best Practices Awards entry form, visit: Bio-ITWorld.com/BestPractices — or contact: Allison Proffitt, Editorial Director, 617.233.8280 or aproffitt@Bio-ITWord.com. Deadline for entry is March 2, 2018.
Winners are chosen by a panel of experts and will be announced at the Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, that is taking place May 15-17, 2018 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
Additional information on this event, can be found at Bio-ITWorldExpo.com
About Bio-IT World (www.Bio-ITWorld.com)
Part of Healthtech Publishing, Bio-IT World provides outstanding coverage of cutting-edge trends and technologies that impact the management and analysis of life sciences data, including next-generation sequencing, drug discovery, predictive and systems biology, informatics tools, clinical trials, and personalized medicine. Through a variety of sources including, Bio-ITWorld.com, Weekly Update Newsletter and the Bio-IT World News Bulletins, Bio-IT World is a leading source of news and opinion on technology and strategic innovation in the life sciences, including drug discovery and development.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute (www.healthtech.com)
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), a division of Cambridge Innovation Institute, is the preeminent life science network for leading researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, CROs, academia, and niche service providers. CHI is renowned for its vast conference portfolio held worldwide including PepTalk, Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference, SCOPE Summit, Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, PEGS Summit, Drug Discovery Chemistry, Biomarker World Congress, World Preclinical Congress, Next Generation Dx Summit and Discovery on Target. CHI’s portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett International, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners, Knowledge Foundation, Bio-IT World, Clinical Informatics News and Diagnostics World.
Source: Bio-IT World