June 6 — The SC Steering Committee is seeking future leaders for the SC Conference Series.
CONFERENCE GENERAL CHAIR
Nominations for the SC22 General Chair are now open and will close on June 30, 2019. To nominate a person (possibly yourself) for the position, send an email providing the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
Desired qualities in the SC General Chair include:
- Experience managing large, complex projects in which the people executing the project do not all report directly to the manager
- Breadth and depth of experience with SC conference organization, especially leadership roles
- Active in our community
- Able to set strategic direction (and delegate its execution)
- Able to commit significant resources to management of the conference in the three years leading up to the event (generally speaking, 10% of an FTE during 2020, 25% of an FTE during 2021, and increasing to 70% of an FTE by the time of the conference)
- Experience managing a large (multi-million US$) budget
Our expectation is that we will make our selection in the fall of 2019, but not later than the end of SC week in November.
MEMBER OF THE SC STEERING COMMITTEE
Nominations for two openings on the SC Steering committee are now open and will close on September 15, 2019. To nominate a person (possibly yourself), send an email giving the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
Desired qualities in members of the Steering Committee include:
- A vision for how the conference may serve the needs of the advanced computing community
- Experience with and knowledge of the SC conference
- Willingness to be an active and engaged advocate for the SC Conference community
- Able to commit to attend three one-day in-person meetings and monthly one-hour teleconferences annually for a four-year term
Our expectation is that we will announce our selections by the end of SC week in November.
Please send nominations, or requests for more information about either opportunity to [email protected].
Source: SC Steering Committee