SAN JOSE, Calif. and DENVER, Nov. 13, 2017 — Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, wired and wireless networking, will showcase various ThunderX2 Arm-based server platforms for high performance computing at this year’s Supercomputing (SC17) conference taking place in the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado from November 13th to 16th.
ThunderX2 server SoC integrates fully out-of-order, high-performance custom cores supporting single and dual-socket configurations. ThunderX2 is optimized to drive high computational performance delivering outstanding memory bandwidth and memory capacity. The new line of ThunderX2 processors includes multiple SKUs for both scale up and scale out applications and is fully compliant with Armv8-A architecture specifications as well as the Arm Server Base System Architecture and Arm Server Base Boot Requirements standards.
ThunderX2 SoC family is supported by a comprehensive software ecosystem ranging from platform level systems management and firmware to commercial Operating Systems, Development Environments and Applications. Cavium has actively engaged in server industry standards groups such as UEFI and delivered numerous reference platforms to a broad array of community and corporate partners. Cavium has also demonstrated its leadership role in the Open Source software community driving upstream kernel enablement and toolchain optimization, actively contributing to Linaro’s Enterprise and Networking Groups, investing in key Linux Foundation projects such as DPDK, OpenHPC, OPNFV and Xen and sponsoring the FreeBSD Foundation’s Armv8 server implementation.
SC17 Show Highlights and Product Demonstrations
Cavium’s executive leaders and technology experts will be available to discuss the company’s ThunderX2 processor technology, platforms, roadmap and HPC target solutions while demonstrating a range of platforms and configurations. Many of Cavium’s key partners will also be present with demonstrations that include system implementation, system software, tools and applications. In addition to the ThunderX2 based ODM and OEM platforms and Cavium’s FastLinQ Ethernet Adapters, the following product demonstrations will be on display on the show floor and at Cavium’s booth #349.
- Cavium ThunderX2 – 64–bit Armv8 based SoC family that significantly increases performance, memory bandwidth and memory capacity. We will be demonstrating various applications running on ThunderX2 in both single and dual socket configurations. Cavium’s systems partners Bull/Atos (Booth #1925), Cray (Booth #625), Gigabyte (Booth #2151), HPE (Booth #925), and Penguin (Booth #1801) will be showcasing HPC platforms based on ThunderX2. Cavium’s software partners will be demonstrating a variety of software tools and applications optimized for ThunderX2. In addition, there will be a full rack of ThunderX2 based systems showcased in HPE’s Comanche collaboration booth #494.
- Cavium FastLinQ: – 10/25/40/50/100Gb Ethernet adapters that enable the highest level of application performance with the industry’s only Universal RDMA capability that supports RoCE v1, RoCE v2 and iWARP concurrently. With the explosion of data there is a critical need for fast and intelligent I/O throughout the data center. Cavium FastLinQ products enable machine learning, data analytics, NVMe over fabrics storage while maximizing system performance.
The following additional presentations by Cavium will cover ThunderX2 updates, Arm Ecosystem, and End User Optimizations focused on HPC.
- On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 3:30 pm, Surya Hotha, Director of Product Marketing for Cavium’s Datacenter Processor Group, will present ThunderX2 in
- HPC applications at the third annual Arm SC HPC User Forum.
- On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 10.30 am, Giri Chukkapalli, Distinguished Engineer, will present ThunderX2 technology overview at the Red Hat Theater.
- On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 2.30 pm, Varun Shah, Product Marketing Manager for Cavium’s Datacenter Processor Group, will present ThunderX2 advantages for the HPC Market at the Exhibitor Forum.
- On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 2.30 pm, Giri Chukkapalli, Distinguished Engineer, will present ThunderX2 technology overview at the HPE Theater.
- On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 2.30 pm, Cavium experts will present at the SUSE booth.
To schedule a meeting at SC17, please send an email to [email protected] and enter SC17 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium’s highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware-reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.