AUSTIN, Tex., Nov. 17 — Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking, today announced the demonstration of ThunderX based workload optimized server platforms for High Performance Computing, Compute Intensive Data Analytics, Scale Out Storage and Hyperscale Data Centers at SC15 in the Austin Convention Center in Austin, TX. The show Expo dates are from Monday, November 16th to Thursday, November 19th.
ThunderX is Cavium’s 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation high performance computing and hyperscale workloads. With up to 48 high-performance custom cores, single and dual socket capability, high memory bandwidth and capacity, and integrated hardware accelerators, ThunderX enables best-in-class ARMv8 performance per dollar and performance per watt. The ThunderX family includes multiple SKUs that enable servers optimized for compute, storage, network and security workloads in the cloud, and is widely supported by industry-leading OS, hypervisor, software tool and application vendors. ThunderX is also optimized for networking specific workloads such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the broad range of ThunderX based platforms, which are ideal for critical workloads such as highly parallel HPC applications, scale out storage with CEPH, Apache Hadoop for Big Data Analytics, distributed data bases such as MySQL & Cassandra, and Web Serving with NGINX. ThunderX based ODM platforms will be on display at Cavium’s booth #481 including:
- SUSE Enterprise Storage on Stack Velocity 1U Dense Storage Server
- E4 Computing 1S / 2U server with integrated NVIDIA Tesla GPU
- Gigabyte 1S / 1U, 2S / 1U, and 2S / 2U four-node server platforms
- Inventec 2S server platform
- Penguin Computing 2S OpenCompute server
Cavium ThunderX presentation sessions at SC15 include:
- Monday, November 16th, Larry Wikelius, Director of Ecosystems and Partner Enablement will be presenting on Cavium HPC Ecosystem Momentum at the ARM HPC User Group Session, hosted at the Radisson Hotel. Christopher Bergstrom from PathScale will also be presenting.
- Tuesday, November 17th, Larry Wikelius will be presenting in the SUSE Booth, and Steve Cumings, Director of Market Development will be presenting in the Mellanox booth
- Wednesday, November 18th, Steve Cumings will be presenting in the SUSE Booth
- Numerous ThunderX partners including Nvidia, Allinea, NAG, E4, Lenovo, Cray, Penguin, Mellanox, Red Hat, and SUSE will be exhibiting at SC15.
To schedule a meeting at SC15, please send an email to [email protected] and enter SC15 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal offices are in San Jose, Californiawith design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India, and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com