HANOVER, Md., Nov. 10 — Attendees at SC16, the international conference on high-performance computing, networking storage and analysis, taking place in Salt Lake City next week, can see first-hand how Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) powers research and education (R&E) networks and High Performance Computing (HPC) initiatives around the globe with programmable, scalable, and secure network solutions. In addition, Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical, 8700 Packetwave and Waveserver platforms will also support SCinet,the high-performance network built to deliver 1.2 Tbps WAN bandwidth and high-capacity connectivity for SC16 attendees and exhibitors.
Partner Demos (booth #2523):
- Genomics Cancer Research: This demo will show how a powerful, robust network infrastructure can support innovative genomic research that takes place at an in-house laboratory, where experts analyze the DNA and genetic makeup of a cancer patient’s tumor, enabling detection of the individual genes with errors in a person’s cancer to determine treatment options.
- Blue Planet Analytics Over 100 Gbps WANs (also in booth 2611): Supported by Ciena research labs, iCAIR at Northwestern University, the Electronic Visualization Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Amsterdam, this demo will showcase the advanced measurement and analytics capabilities that could be enabled by Ciena’s Blue Planet Analytics.
- Secure Autonomous Response Networks (SARNET): This interactive demo will showcase Ciena’s joint research efforts with the Dutch Research Foundation, University of Amsterdam and other partners that explore how Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) can help alleviate cyber-attacks and program networks to provide enhanced cyber-terror detection and defense. Attendees can see how the network is able to identify the attack origin, the type of attack and use advanced software capabilities to respond and defend autonomously.
Ciena Demos (booth #2523):
- Advanced Network Automation and Analytics: Using SDN capabilities built into Ciena’s Blue Planet software, this demo will showcase the display of network analytics in conjunction with automated provisioning and orchestration to improve service velocity and network operational efficiency
- High Performance Network Orchestration: This interactive demo will allow participants to use Blue Planet software to create a simple Resource Adaptor (RA) to illustrate an open, DevOps approach to orchestrate virtual devices. It also will utilize a single control interface for a multi-vendor, multiple layer network ecosystem.
- Powerful Network Interconnects: Attendees will see first-hand how quickly and easily Ciena’s Waveserver stackable data center interconnect (DCI) platform can be set up to provide powerful interconnects to support HPC. Participants can take part in a timed contest to determine who can complete setup the fastest.
SC16, sponsored by ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) and IEEE Computer Society offers a complete technical education program and exhibition to showcase the many ways high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis lead to advances in scientific discovery, research, education and commerce. This premier international conference includes a globally attended technical program, workshops, tutorials, a world class exhibit area, demonstrations and opportunities for hands-on learning. For more information on SC16, please visit http://sc16.supercomputing.org/, or contact [email protected] for more information.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.