SEATTLE, Wash. and AUSTIN, Tex., Nov. 18 — At the 2015 Supercomputing Conference in Austin, Texas, global supercomputer leader Cray Inc. (NASDAQ: CRAY) today announced the Company won six awards from the readers and editors of HPCwire, as part of the publication’s 2015 Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards. This marks the 12th consecutive year Cray has been selected for multiple HPCwire awards.
This year’s awards include:
- Readers’ Choice: Best HPC Server Product or Technology (Cray XC40 supercomputer)
- Readers’ Choice: Top 5 Vendors to Watch
- Readers’ Choice: Best Use of HPC Application in Life Sciences (A team from the Joint Genome Institute at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and researchers from UC Berkeley used 15,000 cores on the Cray XC30 “Edison” supercomputer to boost the complete assembly of the human genome, bringing the time down to 8.4 minutes)
- Editors’ Choice: Best HPC Server Product or Technology (Cray XC40 supercomputer)
- Editors’ Choice: Best HPC Software Product or Technology (OpenACC parallel programming model for heterogeneous CPU/GPU systems)
- Editors’ Choice: Best Use of HPC Application in the Oil and Gas Industry (Intel, Cray and Altair collaborated to benchmark a subsea riser simulation solution used to perform advanced subsea CFD, and demonstrated a substantial speedup on a Cray XC40 supercomputer, even at 4,000+ cores, achieving a 20x L/D ratio increase on a single Cray XC cabinet)
“This marks the second year in a row that Cray has received six prestigious HPCwire awards,” said Peter Ungaro, president and CEO of Cray. “We are excited to see that our unique solutions with our partners are receiving awards, and we are proud that our flagship Cray XC40 supercomputer received both Readers’ and Editors’ Choice awards for ‘Best HPC Server Product or Technology.’ I also want to acknowledge the amazing and talented Cray employees who continually strive to provide our customers with best-in-class systems and solutions for scalability and sustained performance.”
A complete list of award winners is available on the HPCwire.com website.
About Cray Inc.
Global supercomputing leader Cray Inc. (NASDAQ: CRAY) provides innovative systems and solutions enabling scientists and engineers in industry, academia and government to meet existing and future simulation and analytics challenges. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience in developing and servicing the world’s most advanced supercomputers, Cray offers a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers and big data storage and analytics solutions delivering unrivaled performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray’s Adaptive Supercomputing vision is focused on delivering innovative next-generation products that integrate diverse processing technologies into a unified architecture, allowing customers to meet the market’s continued demand for realized performance. Go to www.cray.com for more information.