Nov. 30, 2021 — The Cray User Group (CUG) facilitates collaboration and information exchange across the high-performance computing (HPC) community. You and your colleagues from CUG Member sites around the world hold the key to sustaining this conference as an invaluable source of information and technical interchange.
CUG invites you to present at the CUG 2022 May 2 – 6, in Monterey, California. If you are not from an active CUG member site, please read the “Attending a CUG Meeting” section at https://cug.org/events.
CUG is not only about computing, it represents users across all inter-connected and inter-related HPC disciplines, including computing, storage, and analytics.
This year CUG is soliciting submissions in three categories:
- Full-length abstracts presenting novel results
- Submissions in this track will require a final paper
- Will be given priority for available slots
- Will be considered for publication in a special issue of the CCPE journal
- Submissions in this track are intended to be “presentation-only”
- do not require a final paper submission, but a final version of slides will be required
- not considered for publication in the CCPE journal
- Birds of a Feather (BoF)
- Submissions in this track should prioritize interactivity
- Submissions of this type often include: presentations, panel discussions, and Q&A sessions
- Consider if another group will submit a similar BoF and if you should merge proposals
Submissions related to any Cray or HPE Apollo product are invited in the following suggested categories:
- Programming Environment, Compilers, Libraries, Tools
- 3rd Party Applications
- Application and Workflow Performance
- New Architecture Results (e.g. ARM, FPGAs, Slingshot)
- Optimization methods and techniques
- Utilization of Heterogeneous Systems
- Data Analytics Frameworks
- Container Technologies
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning / AI
- Real-time Data Analysis
- Account Administration
- Software testing, management and integration
- User Support
- Environmental Monitoring, Cooling, and Power
- Facilities and Site Preparation
- Tuning and OS Optimization
- System Operations
- Job Scheduling and Accounting
- System Interoperability
- Resiliency, Reliability, Availability, Scalability
- Tuning and Performance (System and application side)
- Problem Determination and analysis
- Comparisons and benchmarking
- Configuration / Administration
- Usage Experiences
- Novel/Emerging Use-cases
Conference Best Paper Award
We will announce nominations from finalists and then award the conference’s best paper. Only papers submitted by the Papers due date will qualify for further rounds of reviews to be selected for the best paper award.
Special Issue of the CCPE Journal
CUG will publish a special issue of the “Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience” (CCPE) Journal comprised of selected CUG papers. Papers submitted by the due date will be reviewed to be invited to the journal publication. We expect to accept the best 8 to 10 papers to the CUG special issue of the journal. Note that publication in the journal may require an additional round of reviews.
Help Us Make CUG 2022 the Best Yet!
Please note: You are required to submit both a paper and slides (or just slides for the presentation-only submission track) for your presentation so that they can be published in the CUG Proceedings. Papers presented at CUG conferences and workshops must be original works written for that presentation and may not be works prepared for other conferences or publications. To further assist you with preparation of your paper and slides, please read and follow the Information for Authors. You may also review presentations from Previous CUG conferences and seek advice from the Special Interest Group Chairs or Program Committee Members.
CUG Conference Abstract Submission System
You may request an opportunity to present your work at CUG through submission of an abstract. The submission types are: paper, presentation, tutorial, and birds of a feather (BOF).
- For papers, there is a requirement for a long abstract or outline of up to 1000 words that can be attached as a PDF. A short abstract of up to 200 words is also required, and will be included in any printed and online material and will accompany the presentational material and paper in the proceedings. The full (long) abstract will be used by reviewers to evaluate your submission. Completion of the long abstract as part of the submission process is required, and it should differ from your short abstract.
- For presentation-only submissions only a short abstract is required (up 200 words). This abstract will form the basis for acceptance to the CUG Conference, and will also be included in any printed or online material.
Please submit all abstracts through the linklings submission system.
|Submissions Open||November 29, 2021|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||January 23, 2022|
|Acceptance Notifications||February 18, 2022|
|Camera Ready Program Material (full papers, final version of slides, etc)||April 15, 2022|
|Invitation for Journal Submission||TBA|
|Special Journal Paper Deadline||TBA|
For further assistance and/or volunteering to help with the conference program, please contact Brandon Cook, Vice-President and Program Chair via [email protected].