Nov. 1 — DataDirect Networks(DDN) will showcase innovations in HPC leadership that give customers the power to achieve their greatest visions at the upcoming International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC16) in Salt Lake City, Utah. DDN will feature and demonstrate new advancements in flash for HPC, Lustre parallel file system performance and security, and open and software-only object storage and burst buffer offerings.
In DDN booth #1931 on the show floor, the company will provide demonstrations of centralized storage implementations that accelerate financial and scientific analytics by 5x – extracting maximum efficiency, value and ROI in real-world customer environments using DDN products and solutions with open and commercial software including OpenStack and Hadoop. In addition to the demonstrations, DDN will also highlight its customer use cases with other open and commercial software such as Informatica, SAS GRID, R and Ab Initio, among others.
November 13-18, 2016
Salt Palace Convention Center
100 West Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Join the DDN Presentations at SC16
DDN executives and partners will present as part of the SC16 Exhibitor Forum and share best practices for achieving performance and scale in HPC environments. These include:
- “Best Practices for Architecting Performance and Capacity in the Burst Buffer Era”
Exhibit Forum 140s1
Presenter: James McKenna, Director, Commercial Sales Engineering
10:30 am MT, Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- “Navigating the Exascale Challenges with High Performance Storage”
Exhibit Forum 142s1
Presenters: James Coomer, EMEA Technical Director at DDN and Bret Costelow, Global Director of Sales, Data Center Storage Software at Intel
11 am MT, Thursday, November 17, 2016
Get Involved with DDN at SC16
- DDN User Group: DDN is hosting its Kick-off SC16 User Group on Monday, November 14, from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., which will highlight how leading global organizations are assessing and leveraging technology to raise the bar on HPC innovations and best practices. To attend the User Group, register here.
- DDN SC16 After-Party Bash: Join us for the hottest SC16 party with live music, food and drinks at The Depot in downtown Salt Lake City’s Union Pacific Train Station on Tuesday, November 15, at 8 p.m. With unique cocktails poured from the ceiling, rolled cigars, dart games and music, the bash will be the can’t-miss-HPC-event this year. Tickets are required for admittance and are available at the DDN booth or the DDN User Group.
- Join DDN at the Active Archive Alliance Cocktail Party: Before heading to DDN’s After-Party Bash on Tuesday, November 15, join DDN and other members of the Active Archive Alliance at the BTG Wine Bar from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. (63 West 100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101). RSVP here.
- Meet with DDN: DDN executives, senior level engineering staff and industry workflow experts will be available to meet at DDN booth #1931 to discuss the latest DDN technology products and innovations that give HPC users the Power to Achieve their vision and make revolutionary insights and discoveries that can change the world. To schedule a meeting, register here.
- Oculus Virtual Reality Giveaway: When you schedule time to see a demo or meet with DDN at this year’s show, you’ll be entered to win an Oculus Virtual Reality headset! Take a step into your own Virtual Reality!
Year after year DDN has been voted the number one market leader and most innovative HPC storage company in the world, which is why the most successful data-intensive enterprises leverage DDN’s people, technology, performance and innovation to turn their greatest visions into reality.
For updates on DDN’s activities and insights from SC16 follow @ddn_limitless or search #SC16, #HPCTransforms, #HPC or #HPCMatters.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world’s leading big data storage supplier to data-intensive, global organizations. For more than 15 years, DDN has designed, developed, deployed and optimized systems, software and storage solutions that enable enterprises, service providers, universities and government agencies to generate more value and to accelerate time to insight from their data and information, on premise and in the cloud. Organizations leverage the power of DDN storage technology and the deep technical expertise of its team to capture, store, process, analyze, collaborate and distribute data, information and content at largest scale in the most efficient, reliable and cost-effective manner. DDN customers include many of the world’s leading financial services firms and banks, healthcare and life science organizations, manufacturing and energy companies, government and research facilities, and web and cloud service providers. For more information, go to ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.