SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 17 — Powering more than 2/3 of the Top 100 most powerful supercomputers in the world, DataDirect Networks (DDN) leads the industry with its innovative solutions that have been proven and in-production in the world’s largest and most demanding HPC, Financial, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Web/Cloud/Telco and Academic environments to resolve high performance storage challenges.
With block, file and object storage products and solutions designed to address the unprecedented requirements of Big Data and Web 2.0 applications today, using DDN technology, organizations can accommodate the entire Big Data lifecycle to achieve the fastest runtimes; architect for petascale and even exascale implementations with 90 percent less hardware, space and power; collaborate and distribute data globally with cloud storage infrastructure; and, tightly integrate with file storage for distributed workflows.
At the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) 2014, June 22-26, 2014 in Leipzig, Germany, DDN will conduct a variety of live demonstrations in Booth #510 featuring products and solutions designed to optimize and accelerate the end-to-end HPC data lifecycle environment. Additionally, DDN will showcase its latest innovations in processor acceleration tools, parallel file system optimization, storage acceleration, data collaboration and Cloud storage for HPC environments.
Company executives, along with DDN HPC and Big Data infrastructure experts, will also be on hand to discuss how cache-centric storage approaches, including burst buffer technology, can be practically applied to resolve large scale computing I/O bottlenecks from today, through future petascale and even exascale implementations.
ISC show attendees will also have the opportunity to meet DDN customers including Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, NCSA Private Sector Programs and Economic Impact and Tokyo Institute of Technology as they present on their DDN deployments at DDN’s User Group.
DDN-sponsored events, guest-speaking opportunities and demonstrations, both in DDN’s booth and in partner booths, will include:
- Monday, June 23 at 2:30 p.m. in Hall 1: As part of the ISC Vendor Showdown, DDN’s CMOand EVP of Product Management, Molly Rector will discuss how DDN accelerates HPC customers’ success as the need to accelerate scientific discovery mounts and extracting value from data is increasingly critical in all different HPC use cases.
- Tuesday, June 24 from 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. in Main Level MPA2: Join HPC colleagues and DDN’s executive and technical leadership at the DDN User Group as part of one of the industry’s fastest growing storage communities to share best practices and lessons learned. Hear from DDN end users from leading HPC sites around the world, and get live updates on DDN’s strategic vision and product roadmap from DDN Executives before participating in a collaborative panel discussion.
- Tuesday, June 24 at 3:30 p.m. in Intel’s Booth #540: Join both Intel and DDN as Laura Shepard, DDN’s director of HPC Markets presents DDN / Intel joint solutions for building high capability storage infrastructures to solve emerging Big Data issues.
- Wednesday, June 25 at 4:00 p.m. in Exhibition Hall 2, Booth #660: DDN’s CMO, Molly Rector will present at the ISC Industry Forum new DDN product information and customer case studies from leading DDN HPC sites around the world.
- Industry-Leading HPC and Big Data Storage Products and Solutions Demos: Join DDN at Booth #510 to see live demos of its portfolio of highly scalable, high capacity, best-in-class HPC storage solutions including GRIDScaler and EXAScaler (performance, parallel file system-based storage), SFA7700 and SFA12KX (core, high performance build blocks) and SFX (flash acceleration) for improved performance of critical workflows and applications. Additionally, attendees will receive a first look at DDN’s WOS-GRIDScaler bridge which enables access to all HPC processing data for real-time global collaboration, data sharing and data tiering.
- Infinite Memory Engine (IME) Demo: Join DDN at Booth #510 to experience its IME technology in action. A new tier of non-volatile memory that sits between application processing and persistent storage, IME is a next-generation technology designed for future data centers and Lustre and GPFS environments, where users will be focused on NAS acceleration, burst buffer, and database performance optimization. Explore these and other IME use case scenarios with DDN technical personnel and executives from around the world. Learn more about the company’s three-year IME journey and how the company is helping organizations solve computing complexities that arise from exascale.
According to DDN CMO, Molly Rector, “The future of exascale computing will be challenged by I/O and architectural hurdles. Organizations adopting HPC technologies need to prepare for this exponential increase in data by adapting technology solutions today that will enable high performance and real-time collaboration for the future, while driving down the cost of computing. More than 1,000 DDN customers are already benefiting from DDN’s family of HPC storage solutions; achieving easier management, increased system reliability and speed, as well as greater computing efficiency and power usage – ensuring their organization is set up for success long into the future.”
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to drive competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Source: DataDirect Networks