March 17, 2020 — The EuroHPC Joint Undertaking (JU) board released the 2020 annual working plan detailing three upcoming calls for proposals. The goal of each proposal is to clearly show the integration of technologies in European high-performance computing capabilities that address societal, industrial and scientific hurdles.
Each call aligns with the development of European supercomputing technology including supporting the European Processor Initiative, the incorporation of a co-design approach of technology components in high-level pilot systems that are trying to achieve exascale performance in operational environments. With €85 million (~$93.2 million) in funds available to start, the call for proposals will open in April and July:
- H2020-JTI-EuroHPC-2020-01 – Advanced pilots towards the European exascale supercomputers for Research and Innovation Actions (EuroHPC-RIA)
- H2020-JTI-EuroHPC-2020-02 – Framework Partnership Agreement in European low-power microprocessor technologies (Phase 2) for Research and Innovation Actions (EuroHPC-RIA)
- H2020-JTI-EuroHPC-2020-03 – Training and Education on High Performance Computing for Coordination and Support Actions (EuroHPC-RIA)
Funding for each proposal will also be matched by participating member states bringing the total funding to €170 million.
Call 1: EuroHPC-2020-01
The Call for the EuroHPC-2020-01 opens on April 16, 2020 and is divided in two focus areas:
- EuroHPC-2020-01-a: Advanced pilots towards the European supercomputers
- EuroHPC-2020-01-b: Pilot on quantum simulator
The deadline to submit proposals is EuroHPC-2020-01-a is September 15, 2020. The deadline for the EuroHPC-2020-01-b proposals is July 28, 2020.
Call 2: EuroHPC-2020-02
The purpose of the EuroHPC-2020-02 proposal is to build on the Phase 1 results of the European Processor Initiative (EPI). The call opens on July 21, 2020. The deadline to submit proposals is January 12, 2021.
Call 2: EuroHPC-2020-03
The scope of the call is to develop an educational master program for HPC and industrial applications. The call opens on July 21, 2020. The deadline to submit proposals is January 12, 2021.
For full details, visit: https://eurohpc-ju.europa.eu/documents/EuroHPC_JU_Decision_01.2020-Annual_Work_Plan_2020_amended.pdf
Source: EuroHPC Joint Undertaking