SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 15 — Extreme Networks, Inc. has released financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2014, ended June 30, 2014. GAAP revenue was $155.3 million and non-GAAP revenue was $156.9 million. GAAP net loss for the fourth fiscal quarter was $16.2 million, or $0.17 per share, and non-GAAP net income was $8.5 million, or $0.09 per diluted share. This is the second quarter that Extreme Networks is reporting full quarter results that include the Enterasys acquisition.
For the full fiscal year, Extreme Networks reported GAAP revenue of $519.6 million, compared to $299.3 million for fiscal 2013. Fiscal year non-GAAP revenue was $524.8 million. GAAP net loss was $57.3 million, or $0.60 per share, for fiscal 2014, compared to GAAP net income of $9.7 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, for 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, net income for the fiscal 2014 was $29.5 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, compared to $16.2 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, for fiscal 2013.
“Extreme ended our first fiscal year as a combined company with a strong finish. Our sales force integration is complete, with all territories rationalized, and the team is aligned and executing, which is evident in this quarter’s results. Our new channel program brings together legacy partner programs and provides better resources and incentives for our more than 2,700 worldwide partners. With new branding rolled out this year, our go to market approach has never been stronger,” said Chuck Berger, president and CEO of Extreme Networks. “Our engineering team continues to create products that deliver on our promise of simple, fast and smart networking solutions, including our new SDN platform and IdentiFi outdoor wireless access point.”
Berger added, “On the integration front, Extreme had a number of significant accomplishments. Most notably, we successfully combined ERP systems in early July, two months ahead of schedule. With our relationship to our customers, partners, distributors, vendors and employees united on a single interface, the combined company is in a better position than ever to seamlessly deliver value to the customer.”
Recent Business Highlights
- Selected by Tennessee Titans to set up In-Stadium Wi-Fi and Analytics. Extreme’s IdentiFi high performance Wi-Fi technology will provide fans the capability to seamlessly access mobile services and custom applications in the Nashville’s LP Field.
- Announced an open and standards-based Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform. This versatile offering will enable customers to meet challenges in implementing SDN and evolve data center orchestration, automation and provisioning.
- Advances mobile scalability with IdentiFiTM Wireless LAN. With the addition of the 802. 11ac WLAN outdoor access point, IdentiFi is one of the most complete and scalable enterprise Wi-Fi solutions addressing both indoor and outdoor wireless connectivity.
- Named proud partner of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Centered on education and community outreach in K-12 school districts, the partnership highlights Extreme’s leadership as a provider of optimized networking and wireless solutions to support education innovation.
- Launched Extreme Partner Network. The program offers a single global framework to simplify the way business is done, empowering partners to deliver significant value to customers while simplifying engagement and maximizing partner profitability.
- Recognized as a leader and innovator
- Named a “Champion” in the 2014 Vendor Landscape report assessing Network Access Control solutions for secure network edge.
- Awarded the 2014 Network Innovation Award for the Purview application by SearchNetworking.
- Recognized with two 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Awards.
For its first quarter of fiscal 2015 ending September 30, 2014, the Company is targeting GAAP revenue in a range of $149 million to $154 million with non-GAAP revenue in a range of $150 million to $155 million. GAAP gross margin is targeted at 51% and non-GAAP gross margin targeted at 55%. Operating expenses are targeted to be between $86 million and $88 million on a GAAP basis and $75 million to $77 million on a non-GAAP basis. GAAP net loss is targeted to be between $7 million to $12 million, or $0.08 to $0.12 per diluted share. Non-GAAP net income is targeted in a range of $6 million to $8 million, or $0.06 to $0.08 per diluted share. The GAAP and non-GAAP net income targets are based on an estimated 96 million and 101 million average outstanding shares, respectively. The estimates for non-GAAP revenue include purchase accounting adjustments for deferred revenue of approximately $1M related to our acquisition of Enterasys Networks. The estimates for non-GAAP gross margin include adjustments of $4 million for amortization of intangibles, $1 million for purchase accounting adjustments and $1 million stock based compensation expense. The estimate for non-GAAP operating expenses exclude $7 to $8M for amortization of intangibles and integration expenses related to our acquisition of Enterasys Networks, stock based compensation expenses of $4 to $5 million and executive transition costs of $0.5 million.
Financial Model Targets
The Company is targeting a quarterly financial model of operating at an approximate non-GAAP operating income of 10%, exiting the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015. To achieve this goal, the Company intends to focus on completing the integration of the two companies, achieving its synergy goals and growing its revenue.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and marketing leading service and support. Extreme Networks delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Its award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the Company’s website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Source: Extreme Networks