Feb. 14 — We’re seeking users, developers and community leaders to present at GlobusWorld 2014, based on your work with Globus Online or the Globus Toolkit. Presenters will include users of these technologies at research centers, universities, high performance computing centers, and community groups.
Please submit proposals centered on applications of Globus or the Globus Toolkit, and development of related technologies, with an emphasis on unique capabilities and value delivered to researchers and other end users.
Interested parties should submit the following:
- Presentation title
- Presenter name and credentials
- Abstract (250-500 words)
- Relevance or special significance to Globus community (50-100 words)
- Preferred presentation length — 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 45 minutes
- Submission due date: February 17, 2014
Send submissions to: outreach at globus.org
Opportunities are available to present in the following categories:
- Successful deployments of a data management service at research computing facilities
- Interesting/innovative uses of Globus to accelerate research
- Development of research applications/scientific gateways that utilize Globus services
- Applications of Globus in genomics and biomedical research
Please include an abstract of between 250-500 words. Abstracts should provide the technical substance required for the program committee to evaluate the session’s contribution to the Globus community, without the need for further correspondence. In addition, the presenter should provide a 50-100 word description of the relevance of their presentation and how attendees will benefit from hearing it. If the presentation was given at another conference, please note the name, date, and location of the event in the submission. Abstracts for accepted submissions will be published on the GlobusWorld website and in other conference material, so keep in mind the conference attendees will be viewing them as well.
Presentation proposals may be submitted for individual time slots ranging from 15-45 minutes in length. Please be sure to allow adequate time for Q&A within your defined time. Presentations may be grouped with presentations on related topics in order to fill an entire session. The submission must state both the preferred and acceptable durations of the presentation.
We will be hosting a poster session during the evening reception on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. This is a great opportunity for investigators to showcase research that deals with large data sets and utilizes Globus services. Poster submissions should include:
- Poster title
- Brief description of the research (or link to a paper that describes the work)
We will provide an easel and hanging clips for each poster. Presenters are responsible for printing/mounting their poster.
Please submit all questions and correspondence to outreach at globus.org.
Source: GlobusWorld 2014