Dec. 8, 2021 — The ISC Student Cluster Competition 2022, co-organized by the HPC-AI Advisory Council and ISC Group, will take place during the ISC High Performance Conference (May 29 – June 2, 2022). The ISC Student Cluster Competition (SCC) encourages international teams of university students to showcase their expertise in a friendly yet spirited competition that fosters critical skills, professional relationships, competitive spirit and lifelong comraderies.
- CHPC Computing, Centre for High Performance Computing, South Africa
- Computing Insight UK (CIUK), United Kingdom
- The University of Edinburgh – Team EPCC, United Kingdom
- Universidad EAFIT, Colombia
- ETH Zürich – Team RACKlette, Switzerland
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), United States
- Combination team of Universität Hamburg and Universität Magdeburg, Germany
- Universität Heidelberg, Germany
- Monash University, Australia
- Nanyang Technological University – Supernova Team, Singapore
- ShanghaiTech University – Geek Pie_ Team, China
- Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU), China
- Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China
- Tsinghua University – Diablo Team, China
- UC Santa Cruz – Baskin School of Engineering, United States
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Barcelona Tech) – Not Only FLOPs Team, Spain
- Zhejiang University, China
Five teams will be on site at ISC 2021 in Hamburg: EPCC Team, ETH Zürich, Hamburg/Magdeburg Combined Team, Heidelberg University, and Barcelona Tech. The other teams will be participating remotely.
Watch a video of the ISC 2022 Student Competition team reveal (above) for more information.
The HPC-AI Advisory Council and ISC-HPC thank Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh) and SciNet (University of Toronto) for their support in the ISC22 Student Cluster Competition.
The competition will include applications that address education and applied learning towards accelerating bioscience research and discovery. The student teams will be tasked to test several applications that are being used by scientists and researchers.
“The ISC SCC is an integral part of ISC 2022,” the organizers note. “Its ongoing success and growing recognition as a world championship competition are a result of the collaborative partnership between ISC and the HPC-AI Advisory Council. Over these intense competition days, the teams demonstrate incredible capabilities of obtaining the greatest performance across a series of benchmarks and applications. In parallel to their day-to-day learning, the students’ novel approaches and unique perspectives gained during the competition are integral to our own education – teaching us how HPC influences our world.”
More information can also be found at the ISC 2022 cluster competition homepage.
Source: HPC-AI Advisory Council and ISC Group