ISC High Performance 2022, the event for high performance computing, machine learning and data analytics, is taking place May 29 through June 2, 2022, in Hamburg, Germany. Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in computer science or other STEM-related fields with an interest in high performance computing are eligible to apply for the student volunteer program.
“We are looking for dedicated and reliable young people to help us run our conference, which will be attended by about 3,000 HPC practitioners, users and vendors,” said the event organizers. “In return, you will have the opportunity to attend tutorials, conference sessions, workshops, the exhibition and selected evening events.”
Volunteering will give students the chance to meet leading HPC researchers and developers from all facets of science, education, and business. The program has given past volunteers access to internships, PhD admissions and jobs.
Application deadline: Feb. 13, 2022.
Notification of Acceptance: Feb. 24, 2022.
There are a number of benefits of volunteering listed on the event page:
- Access to the tutorials, conference sessions and workshops, depending on your daily work schedule
- Access to the show floor and the opportunity to talk to all exhibitors
- Admission to evening events
- Housing (out-of-town volunteers only) in shared double rooms
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference proceedings
- The intangible value of networking with renowned HPC experts, commercial users, influencers and future employers.
Responsibilities and duties are also listed, and include:
- Volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (must be available from May 27 to June 3, 2022).
- Volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
- Volunteers are fully vaccinated against or fully-recovered from the coronavirus disease (an officially issued medical confirmation is needed).
- Duties before and during the conference may include tasks such as assisting attendee check-in, doorkeeper at conference sessions, running microphones to audience members during sessions, providing technical support to the ISCnet team or the event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting participants at sessions, and other similar tasks.
Application requirements include:
- Short cover letter
- Short curriculum vitae (CV) / résumé
- Valid, dated student identification card or certificate of matriculation
- Official letter of recommendation signed by the recommending professor
- Official confirmation by medical authorities on full Covid-19 vaccination or full recovery status
ISC High Performance 2022 is committed to inclusivity, according to the organizers, “We encourage minority STEM students to use this forum as a springboard. It’s your chance to gain insight into HPC in academia, research, and in the commercial environment.”
Applicants with questions or comments can contact Ms. Colleen Sheedy, HR Development Manager. Contact her using the form found here.
Source: ISC High Performance 2022