NEW ORLEANS, La., Nov. 18 — Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that InfiniBand continued its leadership as the most deployed interconnect solution on the TOP500 list of supercomputers. The number of InfiniBand-based supercomputers increased 8.7 percent year-over-year to 225, representing 45 percent of the TOP500. Mellanox InfiniBand is the interconnect of choice for Petascale computing Petaflop capable systems, connecting 24 Petascale-performance systems on the list. Overall, the number of Mellanox FDR InfiniBand connected systems grew 1.8X year-over-year connecting 141 systems, showing the increased demand for higher performance, scalability and efficiency.
Mellanox Connect-IB and ConnectX-3 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand adapters and SwitchX-2-based switch systems optimize server and storage performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers. The advanced offloads and accelerations within Mellanox FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand solutions enable the most performance-efficient systems on the TOP500 list with a record 99.8 percent system efficiency.
“We are excited to release 100Gb/s solutions that can enable the analysis, store, and retrieval of the growing amounts of data,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “Mellanox’s end-to-end InfiniBand solutions have become a critical element of enabling the most performance-efficient systems in the TOP500. We expect to continue our leadership in HPC and further our market penetration in the cloud and Web 2.0 markets. We look forward to working with our partners and customers to help businesses cope with the growth of data.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the November 2014 TOP500 list include:
- FDR InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology on the TOP500 with 141 systems, a 1.8X increase in the number of systems versus the November 2013 TOP500 list.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect for Petascale-performance systems with 24 systems.
- Mellanox FDR InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, achieving 99.8 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand enables 24 out of the 25 most efficient systems, and the top 17 most efficient systems.
- InfiniBand accelerates 225 systems in the TOP500, 45 percent of the list.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP100 with 48 percent, in the TOP200 with 51.5 percent, in the TOP300 with 50.7 percent and in the TOP400 systems with 49 percent.
- InfiniBand systems account for 2.6X the performance of Ethernet systems.
- InfiniBand connects 1.5X the number of Cray based systems in the TOP100, 5X in TOP500.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 86 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand scalable HPC solutions accelerate 80 percent of the accelerator-based systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing, cloud computing, Web 2.0, and enterprise data centers.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high-performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Source: Mellanox Technologies