IRVINE, Calif., March 30, 2021 — Netlist, Inc. today announced the availability and shipment of its N1962 Gen4 Enterprise NVMe Solid State Drives (SSDs) to server and storage users. This next generation SSD utilizes the PCIe Gen4 protocol with backward compatibility to Gen3, best-in-class firmware, and a wide array of enterprise feature sets. Netlist’s N1962 delivers ultra-fast performance and superior reliability to handle the toughest computational and read / write intensive enterprise application workloads, including high-frequency trading, artificial intelligence, content delivery, and database acceleration.
The use of Gen4 NVMe server and storage systems continues to expand, and has resulted in increased demand for high-performance enterprise SSDs. This has caused a tight supply environment for Gen4 SSDs and resulted in supply chain and operational disruptions in the marketplace. With availability in 8TB and 16TB, and a robust feature set, Netlist’s N1962 SSDs provide the high performance and supply requirements demanded by enterprise customers.
Tinh Ngo, Netlist Vice President, Marketing, said, “We are excited to announce the availability and shipment of Netlist’s Gen4 NVMe SSDs, which deliver exceptional performance and reliability. The Gen4 SSD market remains constrained and Netlist’s ability to rapidly supply its customer with these enterprise SSDs will allow them to meet production schedules and ensure continuity of their supply chain.”
Netlist’s N1962 Enterprise SSD key specifications and features:
- World-class performance: 7 GB/s sequential and 1.6M IOPS random read speeds, topping other Gen4 solutions in the market
- Short lead times: < 2 to 4 weeks for high-capacity drives (8TB and 16TB)
- Longer product lifecycle: extends in-field use and reduces overall engineering and test spend
- NVM Express compliant form factor U.2 (2.5”)
- Capacity range: 3.2TB to 15.36TB providing scale up as needed
- Customizable endurance features of up to 9 drive writes per day (DWPD)
- T10 PI for end-to-end data protection: supporting variable sector size for erasure coding as an example
- NVMe feature additions: telemetry, sanitize, self-test enabling enhanced debugging & security capabilities
- Customization capabilities: modifications of firmware for performance, and power; thermal and mechanical upgrades for extreme condition testing (e.g. shock & vibration)
To learn more about Netlist’s NVMe SSD products (AIC HHHL, U.2, EDSFF (E1.S), and M.2), visit www.netlist.com/products/nvme-ssd.
Netlist provides high-performance SSDs and modular memory subsystems to enterprise customers in diverse industries. The Company’s NVMe SSD portfolio provides industry-leading performance offered in multiple capacities and form factors. HybriDIMM, Netlist’s next-generation storage class memory product, addresses the growing need for real-time analytics in Big Data applications, in-memory databases, high-performance computing and advanced data storage solutions. Netlist also manufactures a line of specialty and legacy memory products to storage customers, appliance customers, system builders and cloud and datacenter customers. Netlist holds a portfolio of patents in the areas of server memory, hybrid memory, storage class memory, rank multiplication and load reduction. To learn more, visit www.netlist.com.