May 19, 2021 -Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) is pleased to announce the workshop “From science to praxis. Experiences employing geophysical methods to characterise geothermal anomalies”, which we are currently organizing within the PIXIL project. The project aims to develop the most advanced tools to analyze the Earth’s subsurface, with a special focus on fostering the uptake of geothermal energy in the cross-border region between Spain, Andorra and France, and also intends to generate free high-performance computing (HPC) software prototypes for industrial problems in the field of geophysical imaging.
The workshop will take place through the online platform Zoom on May 26, 2021 from 9:00 to 13:30 (CEST). It will include simultaneous translation in English, French and Spanish.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and practical experiences
- Map the necessities of the geothermal sector in terms of geophysical exploration and usage of inversion codes
- Communicate PIXIL scientific finding among peers
- Consolidate and expand the transboundary network of research institutions, companies, and stakeholders working in the geothermal sector
- Researchers working in geophysical methods and/or geothermal problems
- Large, medium, and small companies operating in the geothermal sector, especially in the exploratory phase
- Software companies marketing inversion and/or imaging tools
- Administrations involve in the management of geothermal resources
Registration is free. You may find the link to register here.