March 24, 2020 — PRACE is welcoming project proposals requesting computing resources to contribute to the mitigation of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. This applies, without being exhaustive, to the following topics:
- Biomolecular research to understand the mechanisms of the virus infection
- Bioinformatics research to understand mutations, evolution, etc.
- Bio-simulations to develop therapeutics and/or vaccines
- Epidemiologic analysis to understand and forecast the spread of the disease
- Other analyses to understand and mitigate the impact of the pandemic
This call for proposals will follow a fast track review process to provide swift feedback to the applicants.
This call is open until further notice. Applications are evaluated within one week and start as soon as possible if awarded.
For the full announcement and the document for the application, visit https://prace-ri.eu/prace-support-to-mitigate-impact-of-covid-19-pandemic/
The mission of PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) is to enable high-impact scientific discovery and engineering research and development across all disciplines to enhance European competitiveness for the benefit of society. PRACE seeks to realise this mission by offering world class computing and data management resources and services through a peer review process. PRACE aisbl is funded by the PRACE Members The Implementation Phase of PRACE receives funding from the EU’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme (2014-2020).