Feb. 12 — The organisers of the EGI Community Forum 2014 are pleased to invite the European distributed computing community and the researchers with an interest in e-infrastructures to register for the event.
The EGI Community Forum 2014 will take place in Helsinki, Finland from 19 to 23 May 2014. The event will be hosted by EGI.eu in partnership with the University of Helsinki and CSC – IT Centre for Science Ltd.
The leading theme for the meeting is “Advancing excellent science” and the conference programme will include set of user-orientated tracks designed to give new and existing user communities an opportunity to present their requirements, report on success stories, get support in porting applications and network with technical providers and other partners.
The Call for Participation is open and abstracts may be submitted via the conference website (http://go.egi.eu/CF2014). The programme committee especially welcomes proposals for networking sessions to connect the research and technical community, and hands-on hackathons where practical to tackle software porting and other technical issues on the spot.
- Presentations, networking sessions, hackathons: 16 February
- Posters and demonstrations: 16 March
- Early-bird registration: 31 March
The conference features a number of co-located events:
- Research Data Alliance Europe (RDA) & EUDAT, OpenAIRE and TTA – Tue 20 May
- NorduGrid Conference 2014 – Tue 20 May
- Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration (NeIC) – Wed 21 May
- European Globus Community Forum – Thu 22 May