MILPITAS, Calif., Nov. 18 — SGI, a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, has been recognized in the annual HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards, presented at the 2014 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC14), in New Orleans, Louisiana. The list of winners were revealed at the HPCwire booth at the event, and on the HPCwire website, located at www.HPCwire.com. SGI was recognized with the following honors:
- Readers’ Choice – Best Application of “Green Computing” in HPC: 3M, Intel and SGI, developed a fully functional supercomputer using 3M’s two-phase immersion cooling technology
- Readers’ Choice – Top Supercomputing Achievement: NASA/SGI ICE X/Pleiades for scaling the SGI system to 70,000 cores on ECCO/MITGCM ocean modelling simulation, and have plans for 140,000 cores by the end of 2014
- Readers’ Choice – Top 5 Vendors to Watch: SGI
- Editors’ Choice – Best Application of “Green Computing” in HPC: 3M, Intel and SGI, developed a fully functional supercomputer using 3M’s two-phase immersion cooling technology
- Editors’ Choice – Top 5 Vendors to Watch: SGI
- Editors’ Choice – Best Use of HPC in an Enterprise HPC Application: SGI/SGI UV for SAP HANA appliance
“SGI is honored to receive recognition from our peers within the HPC community and the editors of HPCwire,” said Jorge Titinger, president and CEO, SGI. “HPCwire has elevated the conversation around supercomputing, communicating its numerous benefits to people all over the world. The SGI team is pleased to be building on this conversation through powerful new product offerings, innovative partnerships and customers like NASA that drive discovery across a multitude of industries.”
The coveted annual HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards are determined through a nomination and voting process with the global HPCwire community, along with a selection process in which the editors of HPCwire make selections. The awards are an annual feature of the publication and constitute prestigious recognition from the HPC community. These awards are revealed each year to kick off the annual supercomputing conference, which showcases high performance computing, networking, storage, and data analysis.
“HPCwire readers are among the most informed in the HPC community and these awards are ultimately given to the organizations that are making the biggest impacts in advancing technology and humanity itself through high performance computing,” said Tom Tabor, CEO of Tabor Communications, publisher of HPCwire. “The HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards send a strong message of support and appreciation from those in the global HPC community. We are proud to be able to recognize these efforts each year and our congratulations go out to all the winners.”
Please visit the SGI booth (#915) to learn more about SGI’s industry-leading HPC solutions for compute, data analytics and data management.
More information on these awards can be found at the HPCwire website (http://www.HPCwire.com) or on Twitter through the following hashtag: #HPCwireAwards.
HPCwire is the #1 news and information resource covering the fastest computers in the world and the people who run them. Since its inception in 1986, HPCwire has enjoyed a legacy of world-class editorial and journalism, making it the news source of choice selected by science, technology and business professionals interested in high performance and data-intensive computing. Visit HPCwire at www.hpcwire.com.
SGI is a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customer to accelerate time to discovery, innovation and profitability. Visit sgi.com for more information.