ORLANDO, Fla. and MILPITAS, Calif., May 16 — SGI (NASDAQ: SGI), a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, announced that deployments of the SGI UV 300H servers as a single-node (scale-up) system now provide in total over 600 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity to organizations running the SAP HANA platform. SGI also announced that the SGI UV 300H is now SAP-certified for SAP HANA under general availability for up to 20-sockets and 15 Terabytes of shared memory to run SAP S/4HANA and other transactional SAP applications on SAP HANA, enabling data analysis in real time at unparalleled scale. SGI will feature the SGI UV 300H in booth #445 at SAPPHIRE NOW beginning on May 17 in Orlando, Florida.
These announcements reflect SGI’s strong growth in high-performance data analytics and continuing innovation to help enterprises achieve greater insight and gain competitive advantage with SAP HANA.
- More than 75 single-node SGI UV 300H systems have been installed in organizations to enable data analytics in real time with SAP HANA and provide in total over 600 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity — reflecting capacity growth in excess of 200% over the past seven months.
- Collectively the systems have performed with 99.99% uptime, with many configured in high availability and disaster recovery configurations to provide “five 9s” (99.999%) application availability.
- Previously SAP-certified under controlled availability, SGI UV 300H 12-, 16- and 20-socket system configurations are now SAP-certified under general availability (GA). Building on GA certification at 4- and 8-sockets, SGI UV 300H is now the leader in scale-up capacity for Intel-based systems enabling real-time data analytics with SAP HANA – giving large enterprises greater ability to know when, where and how customers are buying without delay; view inventories, supply chains or financials with up to the second accuracy; and spot market changes early and adjust with precision. SGI continues to engage with SAP to further extend UV 300H certification to 32-sockets.
- SGI UV 300H is a model of the SGI UV 300 supercomputer and purpose-built for SAP HANA.
- SGI UV 300H is SAP-certified under general availability as a single-node system with 4-to 20-sockets and one to 15 Terabytes of cache-coherent shared memory and, utilizing a modular chassis architecture, scales up in 4-socket increments. The system is designed to scale up to 32-sockets and 24 Terabytes of shared memory and is awaiting further certification by SAP.
- Featuring Intel Xeon Processor E7 v3 family, 7th-generation SGI NUMAlink technology, and pre-installed with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA, SGI UV 300H can be deployed as a fully pre-configured appliance or the SAP HANA tailored datacenter integration solution.
For more information about SGI UV 300H solutions for SAP HANA, please visit: www.sgi.com/saphana.
“SGI is proud to enable the transformational business capabilities of SAP HANA and of our rapid increase in solution deployments throughout the globe,” said Jorge Titinger, president and CEO, SGI. “By delivering in-memory computing at near-limitless scale, with mission-critical reliability, and through broadening channels, SGI is helping enterprises fully leverage high-performance data analytics to achieve their strategic objectives.”
“The innovative SGI UV 300H provides SAP HANA customers with outstanding flexibility to meet today’s transactional workload demands and be equipped for tomorrow’s growth,” said Patrick Buddenbaum, general manager, Enterprise IT Solutions in Intel’s Data Center Group. “With the power of the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family, the SGI UV 300H system will provide enterprises with real-time, on-demand insights at tremendous scale and efficiency.”
SGI is a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation and profitability. Visit sgi.com for more information.