SAN DIEGO, Calif., March 24 — Tabor Communications Inc. (TCI), Datanami (www.Datanami.com) and nGage Events today announced the initial program of speakers for Leverage Big Data 2014 (www.LeverageBigData.com) summit which will be held May 20-22, 2014 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, CA in North San Diego County.
Leverage Big Data 2014 is an exclusive, invitation-only hosted summit designed to bring leaders in advance computing together to discuss the infrastructure challenges (both hardware and software) that organizations face as they navigate the build-out of Big Data systems.
This unique conference program will engage users through a broad spectrum of peer-to-peer interaction, including informational sessions, board room style peer discussions, and one-on-one solution sessions with leading solution providers in the Big Data space. The educational program is driven by the program chair, Nicole Hemsoth, Editor of HPCwire and Editorial Director for TCI, and will include the following speakers:
- Dr. Jack Collins, Director, Advanced Biomedical Computing Center, National Cancer Institute
- Dr. Ari Berman, Director of Government Services and Principal Investigator, BioTeam, “Data Infrastructure Challenges in the Life Sciences”
- Richard Arthur, Computing Advocate and Lab Manager, GE Research, “Industrial Big Data Challenges”
- Jack Levis, Analytics Lead, United Parcel Service
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Professor of Astrophysics & Computational Science, George Mason University, “From Astrophysics to Airlines–The Big Picture of Massive Data”
- Steve Yatko, CEO, Oktay Technologies & Former Managing Director & Head of Worldwide IT R&D at Credit Suisse
- Dr. Chaitan Baru, Associate Director, Data Initiatives at San Diego Supercomputer Center – “Benchmarking Big Data Systems”
General areas of event coverage include:
- Infrastructure: Large Scale Data Intensive; Refining & scaling; Cloud approaches; Performance tuning; Examining portability
- Hadoop: Limitations and Promise: Integrating enterprise data within Hadoop
- Analytics: Predictive, Behavioral, Prescriptive; Graph, Real-time, BI tools
- Database Systems & Management: Relational vs. NoSQL
- Data modeling: Structured vs. Unstructured data; Avoiding complicated dependencies
- Storage: Virtualization, resource management, types and options
- Cloud Analytics: Real-time streaming analytics and management, services
- Case Studies: Challenges, Strategies, Implementation, Outcomes
Applications to attend this exclusive, invitation-only conference can be made at www.leveragebigdata.com. For sponsorship information, contact Jeff Hyman, Group Publisher, Tabor Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact David Pesko, Senior Vice President, nGage Events at email@example.com.
About Tabor Communications, Inc.
Tabor Communications Inc. (TCI) publishes a complete advanced computing portfolio that includes HPCwire, Datanami, Enterprise Tech, and HPCwire Japan. For over 28 years TCI has been a market leader in online journalism covering emerging technologies within the high-tech industry, and a services company providing events, audience insights, and other solutions for companies engaged in performance computing in enterprise, government, and research. More information can be found at www.taborcommunications.com.
Datanami is one of the premier online portals covering big data, produced by Tabor Communications, Inc. (TCI) a leading international media, advertising and communications company dedicated to covering advance computing technologies for science, research and business. Datanami is a premier online portal covering big data. It is produced by Tabor Communications, Inc. Receive a complimentary subscription to the weekly Datanami e-newsletter by visiting datanami.com/subscribe. View daily news at www.datanami.com.
About nGage Events
nGage Events is the leading producer of host-based, invitation-only business events. These events bring together key vendors with prominent decision makers in an exclusive and intimate environment. The team at nGage Events has successfully produced more than 200 events across all market sectors using this distinctive format which guarantees access to key contacts in a private setting, fosters new relationships, improves existing ones, builds partnerships, and accelerates the sales process. For more information, visit www.ngagevents.com.
Source: Tabor Communications, Inc.