WASHINGTON, D.C., July 14 — Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing will highlight a range of MicroBlade, SuperBlade SuperServer and SuperStorage solutions certified for Windows Server 2012 R2 this week at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Washington, D.C. At the show, Supermicro will promote server and storage solutions optimized for Enterprise, Cloud, Big Data, Data Center and HPC, enabling Microsoft Partners to drive growth and accelerate business opportunities. Attendees can visit Supermicro at booth #800 to learn key advantages of the 6U MicroBlade, 7U SuperBlade, 4U FatTwin, 2U Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB), 2U 12Gb/s SAS 3.0 SuperStorage, 1U DCO and 2U dual-node EX DP 32/48 DIMM SuperServer platforms, and how they offer unrivaled performance, energy efficiency and reliability for the most demanding, mission critical applications. Visitors can also learn more about Supermicro’s Global Service and Support programs and coming 36 acre Green Computing Park expansion at their Silicon Valley headquarters in San Jose, California.
“Supermicro’s Windows Server 2012 R2 certified MicroBlade, SuperBlade, SuperServer and SuperStorage platforms deliver Microsoft Partners the most comprehensive and Green set of complete solutions on the market,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Extensive validation across our new 6U MicroBlade, advanced 7U SuperBlade, 4U FatTwin, 2U CiB, 2U SuperStorage, 1U DCO and 2U dual-node EX DP 32/48 DIMM SuperServer platforms provide a wide range of configurations optimized to exactly match any application requirement and accelerate deployment for new business opportunities. In addition, our aggressive investment and expansion in engineering, production, service and support programs provides the Microsoft Partner community with leading edge Green Computing technologies and world class customer care.”
“Microsoft welcomes Supermicro as a sponsor and provider of Green Computing technologies at our 2014 Worldwide Partner Conference in Washington, D.C.,” said Jordan Chrysafidis, vice president of US OEM sales and marketing, Microsoft Corp. “With a focus on providing solutions to our partner network that drive business growth in the growing Cloud, Big Data, Enterprise and Mobility markets, Supermicro offers a unique server and storage product line that blends performance, density and flexibility with maximized energy efficiency. With these advantages, our partners can rapidly configure and deploy highly cost-effective green computing infrastructure solutions to their customers worldwide.”
SuperServer and SuperStorage Specifications
- 6U MicroBlade – up to 112x Intel Atom processor C2000 based server nodes in 6U enclosure with 40Gb/s, 10Gb/s, 2.5Gb/s Ethernet switches and Redundant Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 7U SuperBlade – up to 20x dual-socket Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 based server nodes (TwinBlade) or 10x quad-socket Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v2 based server nodes in 7U enclosure with 56Gb/s FDR InfiniBand, 10Gb/s Ethernet, and FCoE switches and Redundant Platinum Level Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin (SYS-F627R3-RTB+) – 4x nodes each featuring dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 8x 3.5″ hot-swap SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP) + 1 Micro LP, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U/3U Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) – (SSG-2027B-CIB020H) 2U dual-node, 24x 2.5” hot-swap bays, each node supporting dual Intel Xeon E5-2403 v2 processors, 64GB, 20x 1TB nearline SAS HDDs, 4x 200GB SSDs, single SAS2 JBOD expansion port; (SSG-6037B-CIB032) 3U dual-node, 16x 3.5” hot-swap HDD bays, each node supporting dual Intel Xeon E5-2403 v2 processors, 32GB, 8x 4TB nearline SAS HDDs, dual SAS2 JBOD expansion ports
- 2U SuperStorage (SSG-2027R-E1CR24L) – dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz in 16x DIMMs, 24x 2.5″ hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD Bays (SAS3 via LSI 3008 HBA), 6x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (LP, HL); Slots 1 & 2 occupied by HBA, JBOD expansion port, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 920W Platinum Level (94%+) Power Supplies
- 1U Data Center Optimized (DCO) – (SYS-6017R-MTLF) dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 512GB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz in 8x DIMMs, 4x hot-swap 3.5″ SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 FHHL Expansion slot, dual GbE ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, 440W Platinum Level High-efficiency Power Supply SYS-6017R-MTLF-BULK available as Cost Optimized, Bulk Packing – 10 systems in one carton
- 2U Dual-Node EX DP 32/48 DIMM SuperServer (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT) – supports dual Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 v2 / E7-4800 v2 / E7-2800 v2 family (15-Core), w/ QPI up to 8.0 GT/s, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5″ SATA3 HDD bays, up to 2TB ECC DDR3, up to 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP card, dual 10GBase-T ports, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
Visit Supermicro at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Washington D.C., July 13th through the 17th at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (WEWCC), Booth #800. For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
For complete information on SuperServer solutions from Supermicro visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer Inc.
Supermicro, the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Source: Super Micro Computer Inc.