HANNOVER, Germany, March 10 — Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest innovations in computing technology addressing a diverse range of workloads this week at CeBIT 2014 in Hannover, Germany. As demand grows for greater energy efficiency in lightweight, scale-out workloads for the Enterprise, Data Centers and Cloud, Supermicro is leading the industry with new server platforms optimized for low power consumption and ultra high density with support for Intel Atom C2000 and Xeon EP single and dual processor families. Supermicro will also spotlight its innovative Atom based MicroBlade platform at Intel’s CeBIT 2014 OEM Showcase as the model platform for emerging Microserver markets.
“At CeBIT 2014 we exhibit our latest server innovations which lead the industry in energy efficiency, density, and manageability for maximized performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our new Intel Atom based platforms including the 6U 112-Node MicroBlade and 3U 24-Node MicroCloud are defining the future of green computing with solutions that support a wide range of workloads in Enterprise, extreme scale-out Data Center, Cloud and SMB applications. Additionally with next generation platforms supporting NVMe, 12Gb/s SAS3 and native 10GbE/40GbE, Supermicro offers the world’s most extensive range of advanced power conserving server, storage and networking solutions on the market.”
“Intel delivers a broad set of technologies to serve a variety of workloads most efficiently. From low-power Intel Atom SoCs to high-performance Intel Xeon processors, these technologies allow our customers to offer highly customized solutions for end-users,” said Shannon Poulin, Intel vice-president and general manager of Data Center Group marketing. “Supermicro is taking maximum advantage of these innovations to offer their customers compelling solutions optimized for today’s diverse set of application workloads, space and budgetary requirements.”
The 6U 112-node MicroBlade is an extreme-density, ultra energy-efficient micro server system featuring ultra low power Intel Atom C2000 series SoC processors (up to 8-cores). This modular Blade architecture maximizes rack utilization with 112 independent power-conserving nodes (as low as 10W each) enabling up to 784 servers per 42U rack. The MicroBlade enclosure incorporates dual Chassis Management Modules (CMM) and up to four Ethernet switch modules. The switch modules, Intel Ethernet Microserver Switch Module FM5224, were co-developed by Intel and Supermicro and utilize the Intel Ethernet Switch FM5224 which offers advanced features such as 400nS cut-through latency, advanced load balancing and network overlay tunneling support. The FM5224 switch module features SDN functionality and includes an Intel Atom C2000 control plane processor and can support up to 2x 40Gb/s QSFP or 8x 10Gb/s SFP+ uplinks and 56x 2.5Gb/s downlinks per module, reducing cabling by 99%. Up to eight hot-swappable redundant (N+1 or N+N) 1600W Platinum-Level high-efficiency (95%) digital power supplies and heavy duty cooling fans are also integrated into the rear of the enclosure. This new innovative server targets Cloud, collocation, dedicated hosting, Web front end, video streaming, CDN, download service, and Social Networking applications. Performance oriented UP and DP configurations supporting Intel Xeon processors will be available in the next few months.
The new energy-efficient 3U MicroCloud (SYS-5038MA-H24TRF) features 24x nodes in 12x hot-swappable trays, each node supporting an Intel Atom C2750 (8-Core) processor, 32GB VLP DDR3 UDIMM, 2x 2.5″ SATA3 (6Gb/s) HDD/SSDs and dual GbE LAN.
For mission critical, data intensive Enterprise applications the new 4U 4-Way 96 DIMM SuperServer (SYS-4048B-TRFT) supports quad Intel Xeon processor E7-8800/4800 v2 (155 watt, 15-Core) processors, up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC R/LRDIMMs, up to 48x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSDs, 12Gb/s SAS3, 11x PCI-E 3.0 slots, dual 10GBase-T ports plus 1x dedicated LAN port for IPMI 2.0 remote monitoring.
For extreme HPC applications, the new 2-node 4U FatTwin (SYS-F647G2-FT+) supports two ultra high performance compute nodes, each node supporting dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors (up to 130W TDP), 6x Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessors and up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz in 16x DIMM slots.
Additional Advanced Server, Storage and Networking Highlights at CeBIT 2014:
- 2U TwinPro/TwinPro² – High-efficiency 2-node TwinPro (SYS-2027PR-DTR) and high density 4-node TwinPro² (SYS-2027PR-HTR). Each node supports dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors. The 2-node 2U TwinPro accommodates a NVIDIA Tesla GPU accelerator and two additional add on cards per node. The systems feature up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, SAS 3.0 12Gb/s support, NVMe optimized PCI-E SSD interface, additional PCI-E expansion slots, 10GbE and FDR (56GbE) InfiniBand options for maximized I/O
- New 4-Way Multi-Processor (MP) Solutions – 1U, 2U (SYS-8027R-TRF+), 4U/Tower SuperServer platforms supporting latest quad Intel Xeon Processor E5-4600 v2 (12-Core) family
- 4U 8x GPU/Xeon Phi – Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2, 1.5TB in 24x DIMMs, up to 48x 2.5″ hot-swap HDD/SSD bay, extreme parallel processing power (SYS-4027GR-TR)
- SAS3 12Gb/s Solutions – Low-latency 12Gb/s performance 1U (SYS-1027R-WC1RT) and 2U w/3x SAS3 HDD Controllers in IT Mode (LSI 3008) providing 24x lanes of 12Gb/s (8x HDD per controller) (SSG-2027R-AR24NV NV-DIMM support)
- New Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) Storage Solutions – 3U CiB Storage Server (SSG-6037B-CIB032), 2U CiB Storage Server(SSG-2027B-CIB020H) certified and pre-installed with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition
- Memory Channel Storage Solutions – 1U 2x GPU/Xeon Phi SuperServer featuring low-latency application acceleration with persistent NAND flash-based storage in the memory channel (SYS-1027GR-TRFT+)
- 4U FatTwin – Power Saving (16%), 8x hot-swap nodes, front I/O (SYS-F617R3-FT), GPU/Xeon Phi for HPC, 4x hot-plug nodes, 12x GPU/Xeon Phi (3x per node) (SYS-F627G2-FT+), Hadoop Big/Data, 4x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors, 12x Fixed 3.5″ HDDs (SYS-F617H6-FTPTL+)
- 7U SuperBlade Solutions – TwinBlade (SBI-7227R-T2 and SBA-7222G-T2), 64-core AMD (G34) 4-way MP Blade (SBA-7142G-T4), GPU Blade (SBI-7127RG), PCI-E 3.0 x16 Expansion Blade (SBI-7127R-SH)
Visit Supermicro at CeBIT 2014 in Hannover, Germany, March 10th through 14th. To see the MicroBlade, 4U 4-Way and 12x Intel Xeon Phi FatTwin visit Supermicro at Intel’s Nord LB/Forum (Pavilion 37). Supermicro’s main exhibit booth is located at Hannover Messe, Hall 2, Stand B49 (B56). For more information on Supermicro’s complete line of high performance, high-efficiency server, storage and networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro, the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Source: Super Micro Computer, Inc.