HOUSTON, Tex., Nov. 11 – eXcellence in IS Solutions Inc. (X-ISS), a provider of High Performance Computing and Big Data solutions, today announced Version 14.2 of its DecisionHPC business analytics software. New functionality gives DecisionHPC clients greater customization, improved usability, and easier access to critical cluster performance information.
X-ISS will officially release DecisionHPC 14.2 by year end and will be demonstrating several of the new capabilities in booth #3760 at SC14, an international conference of the HPC industry being held November 16-21, 2014, in New Orleans.
Introduced by X-ISS in 2013, DecisionHPC has been embraced by clients in the oil & gas and manufacturing sectors along with other organizations operating large HPC/Big Data clusters across multiple locations. It is a platform-neutral reporting and analytics SaaS solution which uses a single dashboard to gives insight into the value HPC is providing to the business. In addition to monitoring technical performance of clusters, schedulers and other resources worldwide, DecisionHPC adds intelligent analytics of current and historical data related to projects, users and applications.
“We developed DecisionHPC for organizations that want insight into their HPC clusters so they can determine how best to improve productivity, reduce costs and optimize the systems,” said X-ISS President Deepak Khosla.
DecisionHPC 14.2 offers several new features or functions that significantly facilitate its use and enhance value for clients:
- Job Specific Metrics – Clients can now customize DecisionHPC to track business-level metrics within given jobs. These metrics can be customized and named (e.g. “Widget”) to keep track of how many products have been generated. This enables the HPC manager to drill down to business-level KPI’s.
- Multiple User Profiles – The ‘Single Pane of Glass’ dashboard can be customized to show the information most desired by specific individuals or types of end user. For example, executives may need a dashboard view of worldwide cluster usage, while managers might need details pertaining only to their projects. There is no limit to the number of profile views that can be set up.
- Email Batch Reports – Users no longer have to manually log into DecisionHPC to look at batch reports. With this release, the scheduled batch reports can now be delivered via email to the users.
- Additional Scheduler Metrics – DecisionHPC clients can now select from a wider variety of scheduler metrics.
- Enhanced Attribute Heat Maps – Color-coded heat maps that show attribute performance at a glance can now be filtered by users, applications, and projects. Developed for operations managers, the enhanced heat maps allow them to narrow their view of specific attributes.
“All of the enhancements in DecisionHPC 14.2 resulted from client feedback,” said Khosla. “We have made Release 14.2 more user-friendly so our clients have faster access to the HPC insights they need to keep their clusters running smoothly and profitably.”
For more information on DecisionHPC, please visit http://www.x-iss.com/
About X-ISS Inc.
X-ISS has been providing cross-platform management and analytics solutions for the High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data industry for over 10 years. With a reputation for the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction, X-ISS has been helping customers make effective use of their HPC and Big Data investments through software and services that cater to their specific needs. The solutions include a full-service remote cluster management service called ManagedHPC that removes the worry from customers about managing their cluster environment effectively. Additionally, X-ISS provides DecisionHPC, a smart business analytics SaaS product that allows customers to keep their clusters operating at maximum efficiency.
Source: X-ISS Inc.