Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD) is becoming an increasingly important interdisciplinary collection of organizational skills for not only academic and life science researchers, but also visionaries in enterprise environments that are looking to extract new insights from their ever-growing data sets. Becoming familiar with this growing discipline is important for experts in statistics, databases, pattern recognition, machine learning, visualization, data optimization, and high performance computing.
Learn from the experts whose organizations are trailblazing at the cutting edge. Watch this webinar and take advantage of insights from Ari Berman (BioTeam), Philip Blood (Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center) and James Reaney (SGI) as they outline the challenges and opportunities for organizations moving into the Big Data future.
Moderated by HPCwire’s Nicole Hemsoth, viewers will learn how to:
- Become familiar with the basics of Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining
- Develop Knowledge Discovery solutions with advanced computing/storage technology that is specifically tailored to their workload
- Develop “future-proof” solutions which scale with the research
- Focus on the research and the application results, not system and data management
- Easily manage large, shared compute resources and very large volumes of data
This webinar is produced by HPCwire and co-sponsored by Intel and SGI.