Survey: HPC Storage Sector is Booming

November 17, 2015

Nearly one-third of storage systems spanning storage area networks to cloud platforms reached 1 petabyte or greater capacity in 2015, according to a user census Read more…

By George Leopold

Report Shows HPC Spending ‘Solid and Stable’

July 6, 2015

The staff at Intersect360 Research have published their seventh Site Budget Allocation Map, peeling back the curtains on HPC site spending across industry, gove Read more…

By Tiffany Trader

Diversity Divides the HPC Middleware Market

June 5, 2014

There’s nothing simple about defining middleware to begin with, but that process gets far more complex when the goal is to paint a broad picture of trends aro Read more…

By Nicole Hemsoth

Analyst Firms Bullish on Cloud Spending

July 10, 2012

Research firms are predicting strong growth for the cloud computing markets. Read more…

By Robert Gelber

The Opportunity for Predictive Analytics in Finance

April 21, 2011

It is often said that managing enterprise risk and micro risk is about finding the needle in the haystack. Predictive analytics uses powerful computers with large memory and storage to eliminate 90 percent of the hay, those "easy" decisions that a computer can handle effortlessly. The modeling systems then score the remaining 10 percent, prioritizing the activities of the human analysts and investigators to do what they do best, which is to make the optimal decision. Read more…

By Sue Korn

The HPC Gap in US Manufacturing

February 24, 2011

Using high performance computing to help modernize US manufacturing is one of those good ideas that seems inevitable but always just out of reach. A recent study confirms this, and provides a framework for strengthening the HPC landscape in this sector. Read more…

By Michael Feldman

Cloud Barriers for HPC in the ISV Realm

June 5, 2010

An interview with Addison Snell at ISC in Hamburg on the significant barriers for ISVs as HPC moves into the cloud, including the perception of licensing model decisions, data movement and, of course, data security. Read more…

By Nicole Hemsoth

Licensed to Bill?

April 8, 2010

Faced with mounting pressure from partners and end users in the HPC community, application software vendors are striving to cope with what it means to offer their software as a service. To learn more about the potential for cloud expansion, InterSect360 Research has been conducting a study of the outlook of SaaS and cloud computing models among the HPC ISV community. Read more…

By Addison Snell, InterSect360

  • arrow
  • Click Here for More Headlines
  • arrow

Leading Solution Providers

Whitepaper:

Strategies for the Spectrum of Cloud Adoptions

Whether an organization chooses a cloud for general business needs or a highly tailored workload, the spectrum of offerings and configurations can be overwhelming. To help you navigate the various cloud options available today, we're breaking down your options, exploring pros and cons, and sharing ways to keep your options open and your business agile as you execute your cloud strategy.

Download this report

Sponsored by Microsoft

Whitepaper:

Adaptive Flexibility is the Future of Supercomputing – The Arm advantage for HPC workloads

Researchers in academic labs and commercial R&D groups continue to need more compute capacity, which means leveraging the latest innovations in HPC technologies as well as an assortment of resources to meet the unique needs of different workloads. Increasingly, systems based on Arm processors are stepping into that role, offering low power consumption and strategic advantages for HPC workloads.

Download this report

Sponsored by Cray

Whitepaper:

HPC Goes Mainstream

Whether it's for fraud detection, personalized medicine, manufacturing, smart cities, autonomous vehicles and many other areas, advanced-scale computing has exploded beyond the realm of academia and government and into the private sector. And with data-intensive workloads on the rise, commercial users are turning to HPC-based infrastructure to run the AI, ML and cognitive computing applications that their organizations depend on.

Download this report

Sponsored by SUSE

Advanced Scale Career Development & Workforce Enhancement Center

Featured Advanced Scale Jobs:

Receive the Monthly
Advanced Computing Job Bank Resource:

HPCwire Resource Library

HPCwire Product Showcase

Subscribe to the Monthly
Technology Product Showcase:

Subscribe
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!