CARLA and ECAR to Take Place This October
Feb. 11 — The HPC Conference “CARLA 2014″ and the School “ECAR 2014″ will unify for the first time the HPC conferences that are organized in Latin America: HPC Latam & CLCAR. Both CARLA 2014 and ECAR 2014 events will be held in Valparaiso, at the Santa Maria University (http://www.usm.cl/), between October 13 to 22. Specifically:
- ECAR 2014 (School): October 13 – 17, 2014.
- CARLA 2014 (Conference): October 20 – 22, 2014.
The main goal of the CARLA 2014 conference is to provide a regional forum fostering the growth of the HPC community in Latin America through the exchange and dissemination of new ideas, techniques, and research in HPC. The conference will feature invited talks from academy and industry, short- and full-paper sessions presenting both mature work and new ideas in research and industrial applications. Suggested topics of interest include:
- Parallel Algorithms and Techniques
- GPU Computing Applications
- Distributed, Grid, and Cloud Computing
- High Performance Computing Applications, Visualizations and Software Tools
- Component Technologies, Tools and Environments for High Performance System Engineering
On the other hand, the main goal of ECAR 2014 School is the training of human resources (undergraduate and graduate students, ICT professionals, researchers) in different areas of the HPC by means of courses that consider theoretical and practical sessions. The courses belong to the following areas of the HPC:
- HPC Clusters: Cluster Architecture, Management & Maintenance, Scientific Programming, Grid & Cloud Computing.
- Parallel Computing: Distributed & Shared Memory Clusters, Performance Evaluation and Optimization, Parallel Programming (Models, Libraries, Visualization), GPU Computing.
- Scientific Computing: Methods and Techniques, Simulation of Complex Systems, Statistical Analysis of Simulation Results, Discrete and Continuous Complex Systems.
Source: CARLA and ECAR 2014