OAKDALE, Minn., Aug. 19 — Imation, a global data storage and information security company, today announced it is now offering 6TB hard disk drives with its Nexsan E-Series family of data storage solutions. Through E-Series, users now can pack more than 1PB of storage capacity into 12 rack units and more than 3.5PB into a standard rack, achieving a new level of density and capacity customization in their data storage.
“The ability to pack 1PB of storage into 12U unlocks tremendous new levels of storage scalability in the data center,” said Mike Stolz, vice president of marketing and technical support for Imation’s Nexsan solutions. “But it doesn’t stop there – it also means users can realize significant savings on operational expenses through less floor space, cooling, power and related items. This is just the latest example of our commitment to always give our partners an edge in the market, and deliver cutting-edge efficient storage solutions that help their customers grow their bottom lines.”
In addition to the new capacity capabilities, Imation has added more forward-thinking features and functionality to the E-Series family, including:
- Support for 16Gb Fibre Channel to enable increased throughput performance;
- An E32XV expansion unit to add more system performance and capacity to the Nexsan E32V storage array and deliver more value to database applications;
- Support for Microsoft’s Offload Data Transfer (ODX) to minimize the host resources required for data transfers and eliminate the SAN as a bottleneck for files such as databases and video;
- Snapshot cloning to enable volumes to be created and internal data migration to be done from snapshots. This makes it possible for users to move production data to test environments without disrupting their production environments.
Imation’s Nexsan E-Series is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers. E-Series delivers the density and efficiency that mid-sized organizations need to scale their capacity while lowering their overall space requirements and operating costs. All E-Series systems take the extra step to reduce power and cooling requirements through their multi-level, power-reducing AutoMAID capabilities. They also include an easy-to-use management interface that simplifies deployment and management for the resource-constrained IT administrator.
The E-Series family is just one part of Imation’s Nexsan deep portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions, enabling users to deploy the right storage products for the right application. The other Nexsan product lines are:
- Imation’s Nexsan NST is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. NST combines high performance, high capacity and Imation’s innovative FASTier caching technology to provide scaling performance for mixed application workloads and virtualized environments. FASTier is NST’s hybrid caching layer that uses intelligent algorithms over DRAM and SSD cache tiers to grow performance cost-effectively when it is required. NST enables businesses to right size their initial acquisition and increase performance as their applications demand it. Also, NST’s data compression capabilities reduce storage system footprint in the data center and improve write efficiency and performance to SSDs and HDDs.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data that is infrequently used or has aged by policy from primary storage. Assureon, through policy automation, can eliminate or greatly reduce the size, cost and complexity of backups for primary and infrequently accessed data. Assureon includes multi-tenancy – with secure copy creation, data movement and long term storage – and chargeback capabilities for public and private cloud deployments. Data integrity features like file-fingerprinting and automated self-healing integrity checks ensure that your high-value data is protected. Assureon’s security features comply with corporate and governmental regulatory requirements and make it well suited for medical, financial and government organizations.
For more information on Imation’s Nexsan storage solutions and their CRN 5-Star channel program, visit www.imation.com/nexsan.
Imation is a global data storage and information security company. Our products and solutions help organizations and individuals store, manage and protect their digital content. Imation’s storage and security portfolio includes Nexsan high-density, archive and solid-state optimized unified hybrid storage solutions; IronKey mobile security solutions that address the needs of professionals for secure data transport and mobile workspaces; and consumer storage solutions, audio products and accessories sold under the Imation, Memorex and TDK Life on Record brands. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network. For more information, visit www.imation.com.